Creative Aurvana Air earphones
These trendy ear-bud headphones have award-winning design and good sound quality.
- Attractive design for over-the-ear ear-buds, detailed and lively sound
- Expensive, takes some effort to insert into the ear
The Creative Aurvana Air ear-buds are well designed and brilliantly constructed. Their detailed, rich sound is an unexpected bonus, but their high price tag places them squarely in competition with some worthy competitors.
Price$ 299.95 (AUD)
The Creative Aurvana Air is a fashionable ear-bud style headphone set that has lively and detailed sound quality. The ‘Flexnium’ over-the-ear design may annoy users looking for simple fitting, but the adjustability allows for long-term comfort. With a $300 price tag they’re up against the benchmark competition of the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5vi and Bose In-Ear headphones — it comes down to a question of style versus substance.
As a winner of the (apparently) prestigious Red Dot design award in Germany, the Creative Aurvana Air earphones have had a lot of attention paid to their design execution. Smooth rounded metal surfaces and thin over-the-ear hooks combine with hinged ear-buds to create a set of headphones that are, in their own way, quite special to behold. Sure, they don’t have the chunky, solid presence of a pair of high-end headphones — for example the Sennheiser HD 800 behemoths — but examining each ear-bud closely shows a device with significant thought behind it.
We have to admit, we didn’t make much use of the bendy capabilities of the vaunted Flexnium ear-hooks — the ear-buds are light enough that they can happily sit in your ear canals without weighing them down and causing fatigue. The ear-hooks do help with making the ear-buds feel more secure though, and the nifty hinge that connects the ear-buds helps in the process of putting them on. All up, the over-the-ear design is a mixed bag — you’ll spend longer inserting the ear-buds than if you used a simpler in-ear design but the trade-off is slightly better insurance against accidental cord pulling.
The Creative Aurvana Air earphones are sold packaged in an avant-garde clear plastic case, but you’ll be more likely to use the soft leather carry-case and cord organiser in day-to-day use. Both of these boxes are great additions that only serve to make the Aurvana Air a more attractive purchase.
The most important aspect of any pair of headphones is undoubtedly sound quality — and the Aurvana Air earphones won’t let you down. They don’t offer the isolation of a set of high-end canalphones, but lively sound is still attainable if you’re in a quiet environment.
Treble is well represented with sweet singing tones that are full of detail — you’ll hear every shift in pitch and timbre in vocals and brass music. Equally detailed is the mid-range set of frequencies, which sound spacious and very natural.
Bass is not as well handled due to the open design. Canalphones are far more appropriate for bass-heads thanks to their sealed nature — it’s far easier to produce quantifiable low frequency sound in a controlled environment. That said, what bass the Creative Aurvana Air earphones does produce is accurate and tight, with very little decay. The overall sound of the headphones is bright and lively — well suited to the funk and jazz music we tested them with.
If you can justify spending $300 on earphones that require effort to put in and don’t block out background noise, you’ll begin to understand the market that Creative is aiming for. Great sound reproduction, good long-term comfort and a great-looking design are the hallmarks of Creative’s Aurvana Air earphones.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
- Jabra Evolve 75e brings earbud design, Active NC and ‘busylight’ to the workplace
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Jabra upgrade their Elite Sport wireless earbuds
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- TPSQL Developer/AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Change Management LeadOther
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther
- FTWindows EngineerACT
- FTiMIS Engineer / DBAOther
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceQLD
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ISO9001ACT
- TPDesktop Support ConsultantVIC
- FTINCIDENT MANAGEROther
- FTCloud Project ManagerOther
- FTIT Sales ManagerVIC
- FTTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)Other
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceSA
- FTTest Analyst (Automation)ACT
- FTSolutions Architect (Enterprise Infrastructure)ACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer - hands on roleOther
- FTNetwork SpecialistQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystNSW