Creative Gigaworks T20
- Strong mid-range, incredibly clear audio, attractive design, wide range of uses
- Treble can be tinny at times, mid-range can at times overpower other audio
Creative's Gigaworks T20 speakers are a great choice for PC users looking for a versatile and reliable set of speakers. They're not high end, but deliver great value for their price.
Price$ 139.95 (AUD)
The Creative Gigaworks T20 is an attractive and mid-range set of stereo PC speakers. Apart from its aesthetic appeal, the speakers also deliver impressive audio quality for its price range. Without a dedicated subwoofer, it isn't capable of producing incredibly powerful bass; however, a strong mid-range and clear sound make them suitable for a variety of purposes, including gaming, movies and music.
The audio on the T20 is dominated by a powerful mid-range. In some cases, this can overpower subtler bass and treble notes, but on the whole it's not a major problem. The clarity of sound is impressive, and vocals especially are incredibly crisp and well defined. Treble is slightly tinny, but nevertheless maintains good clarity and presence during music playback. Bass is generally quite good, although the T20 struggles to do justice to the very lowest frequencies. Even the fastest basslines are reproduced well, and we didn't notice any significant tendencies towards muddiness during our tests. Without a subwoofer, truly wall-shaking bass isn't possible, but to Creative's credit the T20 is able to generate a respectable amount of vibration.
Volume is certainly enough for most purposes, and although it's unlikely to be able to project sound throughout the entire house, the T20 is more than capable of handling a single room or two. We didn't notice any serious distortion at even the highest volumes either, making the T20 a solid choice for those who enjoy loud music.
Aesthetically, the T20 is very attractively designed. The casing is plastic, although a grey front panel on top of the black cases gives it an almost metallic look. The right speaker contains three simple knobs for volume/power, treble, and bass, as well as headphone and auxiliary ports. The two-way speakers stand quite tall, although it lacks a wide base, which while adding to its overall look, does make them slightly easy to topple. A removable cloth mesh cover rests over the tweeter and mid-range driver.
With the strong mid-range and ability to create a decent amount of rumble, the T20 isn't just limited to PC use. Creative has included an adapter for use with RCA audio plugs, allowing users to connect the speakers to their home entertainment system. The absence of a remote makes this a little unwieldy, although the T20 is capable of handling a good range of movies as well as music. Hardcore gamers may wish to invest in a set of 5.1 speakers; however the general power of the T20 also makes it a great option for game-lovers as well.
Overall, Creative has designed an impressive pair of speakers with the Gigaworks T20. The strong mid-range and clear audio help them to fit into whichever role is needed at the time, and it's well suited to gaming, music and movies. Combined with an attractive design and affordable RRP, the T20 is hard to pass up for users looking for a solid and reliable pair of speakers for a variety of purposes.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
- Intel Xeon D-2100 set to enable new capabilities for cloud, network and service providers
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By MadCatz
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Monster Hunter World review
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerOther
- CCSoftware Engineer /.NET Developer - based in PerthWA
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTPlatform Architect - Infrastructure/CloudVIC
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- TPTest Analyst / CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerWA
- FTTechnical Infrastructure DesignerOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCFront-end DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineers IMS Platform and HLR\HSS systems experienceOther
- FTIAM DevOps EngineerOther
- FTDatabase Designer and AdministratorOther
- FTCompliance Analyst - Anti Money Laundering & CTFOther
- FTWeb Editor/Digital PublisherOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPSecurity and Risk ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- TPCyber Security SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst - Service Now - BrisbaneACT
- FTUX/UI DesignerQLD
- FTSecurity EngineerNSW
- TPImplementation ManagerVIC