Creative Labs Aurvana Live!
- Rich sound, relatively well balanced
- Slow sound may annoy some
A high quality pair of headphones from Creative, the Aurvana Live! sounds impressive and are comfortable, making them a good choice for users looking to spend a little more.
Price$ 169.96 (AUD)
The headphone market has recently been jumped upon by a slue of vendors eager to capitalise on the iPod-generation's new-found love of portable audio. Creative is one such manufacturer, bringing to market an impressive line-up of headphones to complement its Zen range of multimedia players. The Aurvana Live! headphones are towards the top of this range which provide a good solution for all-purpose listening at a relatively affordable cost.
At this price point the Aurvana Live! headphones sit comfortably towards the top of the range of units you'll find in many standard stores, although they in no way compare to some higher end products from companies like Beyer, Sennheiser or Shure. They produce fairly impressive audio that will satisfy all but the most discerning consumer.
The overall sound is fairly balanced. The mid-range is prominent with a slightly forwards presentation but it isn't strong enough to dominate the rest of the range. It is a little gritty but quite revealing, meaning that your heavily compressed music will likely sound a little distorted at times.
Meanwhile, the bass doesn't extend as deeply as on some other units we've listened to, but it is adequate for most musical styles. You may notice a slight lack of punch if you're a heavy dance listener for example, but otherwise it shouldn't be an issue. The overall sound is very slow, meaning notes take a while to decay. This lends a very rich sound, particularly to the bass and mid ranges.
Treble notes are the least remarkable of the bunch although they still sound fine and have some of the same rich tone of the others. Overall detail and clarity is quite impressive and the soundstage, while not incredible, is adequately encompassing.
Design wise the Aurvana Live! headphones are fairly standard. They have pleather cups that are small but still fully shroud the ears. The headband is similarly padded and while it is still a little flimsy it is sturdier than some competing units, and offers the ability to extend and retract the cups to fit different head sizes. Sporting a simple black and silver colour scheme they are relatively stylish but quite simple looking headphones.
Despite not being defined as noise-cancelling, the Aurvana Live! does a pretty good job of blocking out external sound. Their enclosed cups kept things nice and quiet in a basic office environment and sound leakage to those around was fairly minimal. They are also quite comfortable, meaning long listening sessions aren't a problem.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By HyperX
- CES 2018: HyperX announces Wireless Cloud Flight Headset and RGB range
- CES 2018: Jabra Announces Third-Gen of True Wireless Earbuds
- Sony Offer Some Hush in the Christmas Rush For Chatswood Shoppers
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSQL DBAWA
- FTSQL Developer - Greenfield projectQLD
- FTService Desk OfficerSA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior NodeJS DeveloperQLD
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerOther
- TPSenior Project Manager (Applications & Business)NSW
- TPSystems Support AnalystQLD
- CCSystems AnalystACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTIOS DeveloperWA
- TPProgram Scheduler | 12 Month Contract | Qld GovernmentQLD
- FTCyber Security Threat Management SpecialistOther
- FTIT Systems AnalystOther
- FTMainframe DevelopersOther
- TPWeb Content SpecialistACT
- CCJava Integration DeveloperQLD
- FTMid / Senior Level Functional Banking ConsultantsOther
- FTSenior React DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Contract Analyst/ ManagerOther