Creative Labs i-Trigue 3600
- Attractive design, Convenient remote control, Crisp and Clear Satellites, Excellent bass levels, Impressive volume levels
- Mid-range a little lacking, Quite pricey
The i-Trigue is a highly recommended speaker system that provides quality bass levels together with crisp, clear sound thanks to Tri-Array satellite technology – although you’ll pay for it.
Price$ 229.95 (AUD)
Creative's i-Trigue 3600 speaker system offers quality sound and great looks for your PC. It comes highly recommended - although at this price, we feel it is quite expensive.
Creative left no stone unturned when they designed the i-Trigues - futuristic, slim and somewhat sexy, the satellite speakers and large subwoofer would be a welcome addition to any desk. The silver base that supports the speakers is a nice touch, while the design of the satellites is carried over into the subwoofer - its sleek lines and cavities mimicking its smaller counterpart.
In addition to their good looks, the i-Trigues are also very user-friendly, thanks to a convenient wired remote control which utlises a large control knob together with a headphone and auxiliary input. The remote is essentially a large round volume knob and has a convenient blue LED to signify power when the speakers are switched on. The Headphone and Auxiliary jacks are located on the front of the remote, meaning you won't have to duck behind the speakers or subwoofer to plug these in.
The i-Trigues are also relatively easy to set up - colour coded wires and connections corresponding to well-layed out inputs at the rear of the subwoofer. The power pack is extremely heavy and bulky though, so be wary of this when you're setting up. We also noted that the cables attached to the satellites were longer than most other systems - which means if you want to position them differently, this isn't going to be a problem.
We were extremely impressed by the bass levels the i-Trigues are capable of, especially at higher volume levels. We found that the bass control merely needed to be at halfway to produce optimum sounding beats - especially in heavier tracks. Be careful though - turning the bass up too much will drown out the clarity in the rest of the music, so you'll have to experiement depending on what music you often listen to.
The satellites were crisp and clear throughout testing and the volume levels they are capable of were striking. We didn't notice any evident distortion at higher volume levels either - and the volume levels really do pack quite a punch. These satellites are designed with what Creative call NeoTitanium Tri-Array technology. Tri-Array is a combination of three high-precision micro-speakers, while NeoTitanium is the use of spherical titanium diffusers. It sounds quite complicated, but basically this technology ensures precise and highly accurate sound reproduction - even when you are positioned a fair distance away from the unit.
The main complaint we have with the i-Trigues is the mid range, which is quite weak. This was most evident when playing more complex music, such as classical guitar riffs. It feels somewhat distorted and isn't as crisp as it should be. In saying this, we feel the i-Trigues are a valuable solution to most PC users and if you like you bass, then you may be interested in what Creative has brought to the table.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
Latest News Articles
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
- Intel Xeon D-2100 set to enable new capabilities for cloud, network and service providers
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By MadCatz
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Reporting Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Network Engineer - TelcoVIC
- CCNetwork Designer l MPLS, ISP, Data Centre design and migrationNSW
- TPInside Sales Process Improvement AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- FTTechnical LeadOther
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication Architect - Custom DevelopmentVIC
- CCMicrosoft CRM Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - OnsiteOther
- FTSCCM ManagerACT
- CCSCCM Application PackagerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - Office 365QLD
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- FTNetezza DeveloperQLD
- FTGraduate Machine Learning/Data Science-Expression Of InterestOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - Health PASQLD
- FTService Centre ConsultantQLD