Creative Labs i-Trigue 3600
- Attractive design, Convenient remote control, Crisp and Clear Satellites, Excellent bass levels, Impressive volume levels
- Mid-range a little lacking, Quite pricey
The i-Trigue is a highly recommended speaker system that provides quality bass levels together with crisp, clear sound thanks to Tri-Array satellite technology – although you’ll pay for it.
Price$ 229.95 (AUD)
Creative's i-Trigue 3600 speaker system offers quality sound and great looks for your PC. It comes highly recommended - although at this price, we feel it is quite expensive.
Creative left no stone unturned when they designed the i-Trigues - futuristic, slim and somewhat sexy, the satellite speakers and large subwoofer would be a welcome addition to any desk. The silver base that supports the speakers is a nice touch, while the design of the satellites is carried over into the subwoofer - its sleek lines and cavities mimicking its smaller counterpart.
In addition to their good looks, the i-Trigues are also very user-friendly, thanks to a convenient wired remote control which utlises a large control knob together with a headphone and auxiliary input. The remote is essentially a large round volume knob and has a convenient blue LED to signify power when the speakers are switched on. The Headphone and Auxiliary jacks are located on the front of the remote, meaning you won't have to duck behind the speakers or subwoofer to plug these in.
The i-Trigues are also relatively easy to set up - colour coded wires and connections corresponding to well-layed out inputs at the rear of the subwoofer. The power pack is extremely heavy and bulky though, so be wary of this when you're setting up. We also noted that the cables attached to the satellites were longer than most other systems - which means if you want to position them differently, this isn't going to be a problem.
We were extremely impressed by the bass levels the i-Trigues are capable of, especially at higher volume levels. We found that the bass control merely needed to be at halfway to produce optimum sounding beats - especially in heavier tracks. Be careful though - turning the bass up too much will drown out the clarity in the rest of the music, so you'll have to experiement depending on what music you often listen to.
The satellites were crisp and clear throughout testing and the volume levels they are capable of were striking. We didn't notice any evident distortion at higher volume levels either - and the volume levels really do pack quite a punch. These satellites are designed with what Creative call NeoTitanium Tri-Array technology. Tri-Array is a combination of three high-precision micro-speakers, while NeoTitanium is the use of spherical titanium diffusers. It sounds quite complicated, but basically this technology ensures precise and highly accurate sound reproduction - even when you are positioned a fair distance away from the unit.
The main complaint we have with the i-Trigues is the mid range, which is quite weak. This was most evident when playing more complex music, such as classical guitar riffs. It feels somewhat distorted and isn't as crisp as it should be. In saying this, we feel the i-Trigues are a valuable solution to most PC users and if you like you bass, then you may be interested in what Creative has brought to the table.
Join the newsletter!
A printer that is efficient, reliable and can work seamlessly with your systems and software.Read this solicitor's review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- Ballistix Launches Tactical Tracer RGB DDR4 Gaming Memory
- Logitech G Unveils New PC Gaming Speaker and Mechanical Keyboard With LightSync
- Western Digital Ups The Game With Powerful New Gaming SSD
- Razer Goliathus Soft Mouse Mat Now Powered By Razer Chroma
- HyperX Partner with Sydney Swans
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTAccount Security Manager - Permanent - Sydney RegionNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- FTPeopleSoft Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure System Specialist - BrisbaneVIC
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk SupportVIC
- FTProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- TPChange Lead | UtilitiesQLD
- FTTechnical WriterOther
- CCCommunications SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager-SCADAQLD
- CCiOS DeveloperQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solution Architect - Network SecurityOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- TPSecurity and Risk ManagerVIC
- FTOnboarding Specialist / Service Design - ITIL | ServiceNowOther
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- CCFront-end DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Service Bus DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk ConsultantOther
- TPChange and Training Manager - TRIMQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Support OfficerVIC