Creative Labs i-Trigue L3800
- Looks great, Excellent subwoofer, Remote control, Compatibility with Creative audio devices
- Lacking in mid range
An excellent option for those with a Zen audio device, these speakers produce impressive sound in the upper and lower ranges, although they are somewhat lacking in the middle frequencies.
Price$ 199.95 (AUD)
The Creative i-Trigue L3800 combines a great sounding subwoofer with clear satellites, resulting in an impressive 2.1 speaker system. We did notice a lack of power in some mid-range tones, but other than that the sound was extremely pleasing. If you own a Creative Zen audio device these speakers are even more enticing, as they can double as a home stereo replacement due to the ability to control the functions of your Zen through the remote.
The newest addition to the i-Trigue range, the L3800 packs a serious punch. The subwoofer provides great bass as Creative has found a good balance by producing ground shaking rumbles while still keeping the sound punchy and accurate. We were particularly impressed with the depth achieved by this sub, as it has the ability to generate some very low frequencies without a loss of clarity.
The satellites speakers produced impressive results, achieving excellent clarity and separation of instruments in the upper registers. The bright sound of the satellites, however, contrasted with the depth of the subwoofer, left a noticeable gap in the middle range frequencies. The lack of mid range deliverance is disappointing as the speakers felt rather imbalanced given the excellent bass and treble reproduction.
Constructed from a combination of aluminium and wood, the stylish design is typical of Creative's i-Trigue family. The satellite speakers feature two NeoTitanium micro drivers and a mid tone driver, with the latter firing laterally as opposed to straight ahead. Creative believe this produces a more balanced sound, but as mentioned, we found the lack of balance to be the only issue with these speakers.
The i-Trigue's all come with a wired, external control unit similar to a small AV receiver, and a remote control which is especially handy for those who own a Creative portable digital media player. The remote includes the key functions of Creative's line of Zen players and can interface with them, so you simply connect your device with the standard 3.5mm jack and can then control it via the remote. The control unit houses a volume and bass adjustment as well as a headphone jack.
The speakers are easy to set up as wires are colour coded, with each wire having a different connection, meaning you simply cannot connect a wire to the wrong socket. The wires are also of reasonable length meaning almost any speaker configuration is catered for. Also included in the box is a dual RCA to stereo adaptor for gaming.
With the inclusion of Zen controls on the remote, this is a very attractive package for anyone who owns one of these players. If you don't own a Zen, and want speakers for a PC or other audio device, these still have great merit as the bass emitted from the subwoofer and the upper range of the satellites are excellent.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCArchitect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- FTSolution DesignerOther
- CCSAS DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst IEMR Project x 2Other
- CCSolaris / Oracle SPARC administratorVIC
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Finance/Grants)QLD
- FTFinancial Manager - January StartACT
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperACT
- FTTechnology Development ManagerQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SalesforceOther
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistNSW
- TPApplication Support AdministratorVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTManager, Platform Wealth OperationsOther
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- CC.net developerNSW
- CCF5 Operational Support EngineerWA
- FTChange Facilitators / Change AnalystsOther
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperQLD
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW