While the importance of data backup is a well-known cliché for business users, many businesses would rather stick to existing, limited, overly-convoluted and – in some cases – outdated practices than introduce more modern backup solutions to their organisation.
Creative Labs Inspire 2500
- Great design, High quality sound, well priced, high volume
- Minor instances of muddy bass and flat mid-tones
A highly recommended speaker system for those on a limited budget who also want clarity from their PC audio.
Price$ 89.95 (AUD)
Sleek, sexy and deceptively powerful, the Creative 2500 2.1 speaker system surprised us by its superior performance in all our tests. Completely black and uniform in design, the subwoofer thumps out 17 watts of bass and houses all the input and output connections. The satellite volume is controlled by a breakout in-line remote control while the bass level is controlled via a knob on the back of the subwoofer.
When testing bass we gave the six watt satellite speakers a thorough workout with everything from thumping R&B to a drum-heavy film score. We also used the system with the PC game F.E.A.R. (renowned for its audio quality) and were impressed by the resulting sound clarity. While there were a few instances where the bass got a little muddy, for the most part the subwoofer reproduced the bass with reasonable accuracy.
When testing the treble registers we opted to use higher pitched violin-heavy film score as well as Theremin-heavy score from "Ed Wood". In all our treble tests, the system performed remarkably well. Even when we threw constant pitch changes at the Inspire 2500, it adapted faultlessly, with no marked change in clarity or loss of information. The mid-tones survived our test reasonably well too, with only a few instances of the audio becoming a little flat.
The Inspire 2500 is capable of remarkably high volume with only little distortion at its peak. At those volumes, the subwoofer tended to vibrate and the audio lost much of its lustre but considering the excessive volume of our test in this instance, this is unlikely to be a problem the average user will come across.
The Creative Inspire 2500 2.1 speaker system sets out to achieve affordable good quality sound and should be commended for its success. While this is not the best speaker system we have reviewed, it does deliver a better quality than you would expect for the cost. On a limited budget, this is a system worth getting, providing the you have a reasonable sound card.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 2 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
- 3 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 4 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo Find X review: Damn.
Latest News Articles
- ASUS introduces Prime X299-Deluxe II and ROG Dominus Extreme
- MSI announces custom GeForce RTX 2070 Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces ROG Thor Series Power Supplies
- Microsoft teams up with Razer to bring mouse & keyboard gaming and RGB lighting to Xbox One
- MSI teams up with Sony for the upcoming Venom movie
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?