Brought to you by Norton Symantec
Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra
- Supports and optimises Blu-ray and HD DVD playback
- Doesn't compare to other, if not better, packages on the market
Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra is a must have for HD enthusiasts who need support for the latest in this technology. Indeed, anyone who regularly watches HD DVD or Blu-ray content will appreciate the support for these formats offered by PowerDVD. But there are other packages out there that offer equally good, if not better, tools for disc burning, ripping CDs and so on. So if HD isn't your focus then you may get a better deal elsewhere.
Price$ 161.85 (AUD)
Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra provides the best support for Blu-ray disc and HD DVD technology in the consumer market
If you are at the cutting edge of digital video technology then Cyberlink's latest package, Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra is aimed directly at you, with the top of the range Ultra version providing the best support for Blu-ray and HD DVD technology in the consumer market.
The Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra package includes a total of 10 products: PowerDVD 7.3 BD/HD, PowerProducer 4.2 (BD/HD), PowerDirector 6.5 HE, Power2Go 6 (BD/HD), PowerBackup 2.5, InstantBurn 5.0, MediaShow 3.0, PowerDVD Copy, LabelPrint 2.0, and PhotoNow! and Apple iTunes. These allow you to author and copy discs, rip CDs, edit video and photos and print labels.
While these tools vary in usefulness and quality, the core of Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra is the PowerDVD 7.3 application, which allows you to play back both Blu-ray and HD DVD footage on your computer. It does an excellent job of optimising these formats for viewing on a PC, which is ideal if you work with or watch them regularly.
As well as supporting the latest in terms of digital video, audio support is also bang up to date, and Cyberlink DVD Suite 6.0 Ultra supports both Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD, so audio can match sound quality.
If you want to create your own discs you can use PowerDirector to edit your video and this version includes several new features including a new Magic Movie Wizard, a useful guide that helps to ease this often complex process, plus features that allow you to manually batch import DV tape footage or to output to HDV tape. You can then author them using PowerProducer, allowing you to create both Blu-ray and HD DVD discs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 2 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 7 Plus review: Predictable and plus-sized
- 5 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
Latest News Articles
- Bitdefender unveils new 2019 product line
- Opinion: Is Microsoft already killing off Windows 7?
- Google bring SMS to PCs with Android Messages for Desktop
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Amazon Prime Day 2018
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?