Cyberlink PowerDirector 7
With version seven of Cyberlink PowerDirector video editing and conversion software, things just get better and better
- Easy to use, fast
- "Splits" edit method might take a little time to adjust to
There are a number of nice video editors on the market, but few if any surpass Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 on any level. It's an especially good bargain as part of the DVD Suite.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Interfaces don't much get better looking than Cyberlink PowerDirector 7, nor do they get easier to use.
Although arranged into the standard media, preview, and timeline three-pane window, Cyberlink PowerDirector 7's icons are easier than most to understand.
Editing in Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 is done by splits rather than setting start and end points — a method which grows on you after a few uses — and you can import virtually any kind of media.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 walks you through most operations, it's fast and we've yet to view a transcoding that wasn't up to snuff. It also imports any video supported by a DirectShow codec though it only outputs using its own codecs (and FX), including MPEG-2 for DVDs, MP4 for iPods and the like, as well as older AVI and MPEG-1.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 comes in three basic flavours: the HE version packaged with the DVD Suite, which offers Blu-ray support; the Ultra version, which offers Blu-ray support, more video tracks, and more templates; and the Deluxe version, which forgoes support for AVCHD MP4 and Blu-ray. The trial demo version of Deluxe works for 30 days and limits iPod format encodings to a total of 50.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSAP Project Manager- (Successfactor)Other
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- FTColdFusion DeveloperOther
- CCServiceNow SpecialistQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- CCProject Manager - Panviva Knowledge Management Project - TelcoVIC
- TPSAP Solutions Architect|Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior PHP ProgrammerSA
- FTIteration ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business Consultant - FinanceQLD
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTVEC EngineerOther
- FTSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCFleet Management System Specialist - Brisbane or AdelaideWA
- FTSenior DevOps Consultant, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTInformation Security ArchitectOther
- CCHadoop DevelopersACT
- FTProject Finance / Finance Coordinator (NSW Government)Other
- CCDeployment ManagerVIC
- TP.Net Developer - 5 weeks contract - START NOWQLD
- FTDigital Content Producer and CopywriterOther
- FTPMO - Business Process ConsultantOther