Cyberlink PowerDirector 7
With version seven of Cyberlink PowerDirector video editing and conversion software, things just get better and better
- Easy to use, fast
- "Splits" edit method might take a little time to adjust to
There are a number of nice video editors on the market, but few if any surpass Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 on any level. It's an especially good bargain as part of the DVD Suite.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Interfaces don't much get better looking than Cyberlink PowerDirector 7, nor do they get easier to use.
Although arranged into the standard media, preview, and timeline three-pane window, Cyberlink PowerDirector 7's icons are easier than most to understand.
Editing in Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 is done by splits rather than setting start and end points — a method which grows on you after a few uses — and you can import virtually any kind of media.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 walks you through most operations, it's fast and we've yet to view a transcoding that wasn't up to snuff. It also imports any video supported by a DirectShow codec though it only outputs using its own codecs (and FX), including MPEG-2 for DVDs, MP4 for iPods and the like, as well as older AVI and MPEG-1.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 comes in three basic flavours: the HE version packaged with the DVD Suite, which offers Blu-ray support; the Ultra version, which offers Blu-ray support, more video tracks, and more templates; and the Deluxe version, which forgoes support for AVCHD MP4 and Blu-ray. The trial demo version of Deluxe works for 30 days and limits iPod format encodings to a total of 50.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - ERP SystemsNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantOther
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTDeployment Project CoordinatorOther
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- CCeLearning DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTIT TechnicianOther
- CCMean Stack Developers x4ACT
- TPDatabase AdmininstratorACT
- FTSnr Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTDigital Business Project Manager, MediaOther
- FTSenior Digital ProducerNSW
- FTData Scientist/Java LeadVIC
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- FTSenior/Lead Front End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Go to Market / Channel ReadinessOther
- FTJunior Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- TPProgram Coordinator. Product Management BackgroundNSW