- Slim, stylish design, comfortable to wear for long periods, work with iPhone
- Poor bass response, harsh frequencies
The GrooveStyle aren't the best sounding headphones by a long shot, but their stylish design means they are a slight upgrade on many of the standard ear buds packaged with portable music players.
Price$ 59.95 (AUD)
Cygnett's latest in-ear headphones, the GrooveStyle, definitely live up to the second part of their name. Unfortunately, the "groove" is let down by a lack of adequate bass response.
Despite claiming to have "precise bass response", we found the bass quite poor. Even with the equaliser settings on our music player switched to bass boost, the GrooveStyle struggled to produce adequate levels of bass. Subtle frequencies were largely inaudible.
In other areas, the GrooveStyle produces bright mid-range and high-range frequencies. These also lacked detail and aren't well controlled, which gives them somewhat of a tinny sound. In addition, we found high-range frequencies quite harsh.
Despite these sound quality issues, the GrooveStyle is still a slight upgrade to most ear buds that come pre-packaged with digital music players and mobile phones, particularly the stock iPod and iPhone ear buds. We managed to test the GrooveStyle with the iPhone despite the recessed headphone jack; Cygnett has designed this model to fit perfectly. Audiophiles and those who are highly concerned with sound quality need not apply, but for those after a relatively inexpensive set of headphones to replace their stock ones, the GrooveStyle may fit the bill.
One aspect that Cygnett has managed to get almost spot-on is the design. The GrooveStyle features a rotatable clip that hooks over each ear and we found these quite comfortable to wear for long listening periods. The rotatable hook means the headphones should fit most ears quite comfortably. The black ear buds and chrome and silver metal clips look quite attractive, so there is definitely some style about these headphones. Their lightweight frame and slim design also makes them ideal to carry around when travelling.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Google finally bring the Pixel Buds to Australia
- Bose announce local availability and pricing for SoundSport Free true wireless earbuds
- Jabra confirm ANZ pricing and availability for Evolve 75e headphones
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By HyperX
- CES 2018: HyperX announces Wireless Cloud Flight Headset and RGB range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TP.NET DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Desktop Technical EngineerOther
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- CCBRM DeveloperVIC
- FTFullstack .NET Developer - AngularOther
- FTSenior Data AnalystQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistQLD
- CCCisco Engineer - Perth basedVIC
- FTDevOps & PHP DeveloperOther
- FTSolution Architect - DigitalVIC
- CCData Migration LeadQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2 -3 Engineer | 6mth ContractOther
- CCJava Full Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Consultants- ServiceNowNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- CCXamarin .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Internet Services EngineerNSW
- FTCloud EngineerOther
- FTData Analyst/Data EngineerSA
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCLSS Black Belt ConsultantVIC