Cygnett GrooveTooth Talk
Groove and Talk with Cygnett's latest Bluetooth speakerphone.
- Ease of use, compact, sun visor and air vent clips, in-car charger included
- Microphone could be improved, tacky design
The GrooveTooth Talk does a reasonable but not outstanding job. It's slightly cheaper than many competitors, so may appeal to people on a tight budget.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
A compact and simple Bluetooth speakerphone for the car, Cygnett’s GrooveTooth Talk is an ideal solution for those on a budget. While it doesn't boast the same quality as its competitors, its slightly cheaper asking price means it may appeal as an affordable alternative for some.
The GrooveTooth Talk is compact but in terms of aesthetics its design isn't ideal for modern vehicles. The matte black and silver plastic casing looks somewhat tacky and unattractive. That being said, its magnetic clip that attaches to the sun visor works well. Conveniently, it can also clip onto any air-conditioning vent. Depending on your vehicle layout, the latter may be a better option for outgoing sound than the regular sun visor mount.
Operation of the GrooveTooth Talk is fairly straightforward. Turning on the unit automatically puts it into pairing mode. Once paired, operation centres around the connect button and the two volume buttons. Pressing the connect button answers incoming calls and ends current ones, while holding this button for three seconds during a call transfers the sound from the GrooveTooth Talk to your mobile phone — handy if you are on a call when you need to exit your vehicle. The buttons are flat but provide reasonable tactility and don’t require a lot of force to press.
Audio quality is passable, but it’s certainly not outstanding. Our callers didn’t complain terribly about outgoing audio, though the microphone doesn’t seem to pick up as much of our voice as it should; you may have problems if you lean right back in the driver's seat or want your passenger to become involved in the conversation. Incoming audio is solid, and we found volume levels to be excellent. Wind noise can detract from a conversation despite the presence of noise suppression and echo cancellation technology, so it’s best to keep windows closed while using this unit.
In addition to regular call functions, the GrooveTooth Talk also boasts some slightly more advanced features. It can redial the last number called, mute calls, activate voice dialling (provided this is supported on your handset) and can also place calls on hold. Conveniently, the unit can pair with and remember up to eight devices.
Cygnett claims the GrooveTooth Talk is capable of seven hours of talk time and 460 hours standby off a full charge. An in-car charger and USB cable are included in the sales package and mean the unit can be charged either in your vehicle or through a PC.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Business Analyst / Application Support AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP AdminstratorNSW
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- FTDesktop / SCCM EngineerOther
- FTSystems ArchitectNSW
- CCWintel Messaging Engineer l Office 365 / Exchange / Skype for Business / AzureNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer - Supply ChainOther
- CCGIS ESRI DeveloperWA
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- FTAgile Delivery Project ManagerOther
- CCMid - Level SAP Test AnalystQLD
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager- develop strategy. Need RISI card, Rail bckgrndOther
- CCOracle CRM OD (On Demand) Consultant - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- TPProject Manager - Pre Sales Development ProcessNSW
- FTSenior Biz Talk DeveloperACT
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)NSW
- FTSharePoint Admin & Developer- Australian Citizens onlyOther