D-Link Australia DSL-G604T
- Great performance
- Irritating menu system, No on/off switch
Overall, this is a solid unit for a home network and it achieved some of the best throughput results in our tests.
Price$ 179.95 (AUD)
The D-Link DSL-G604T achieved the highest throughput of all the modems we tested. However it took us a while to get the hang of this modem's interface, which uses side and top buttons to take you to the different sections of configurable features.
In the configuration pages you can enable the firewall, which has DoS protection as well as protection against port scanning. You can also specifically filter incoming and outgoing traffic, depending on the IP address.
One thing that is a little annoying is the lack of an on/off switch, which would come in handy at times when cutting the power is the only way to reset the modem. In saying that, we didn't experience any crashes with this modem while using the Internet and transferring data to multiple PCs on our network simultaneously.
However, we do wish all the settings for implementing the wireless connection and wireless security were in one place in the interface.
It's a relatively inexpensive modem, and can be used to serve a wireless network through its built-in 802.11b/g module.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Netgear delivers industry first networking devices with remote management from anywhere in the world
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Linksys signs on as PAX AUS partner
- NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem Keeps You Online
- ASUSTOR and Seagate Technology Bring IronWolf Health Management to ASUSTOR NAS
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCRPA DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - ASAP StartQLD
- TPProject Manager - MortgagesNSW
- FTMultiple DevOps EngineersNSW
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperNSW
- FTSplunk Engineer - starting next yearACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- FTApplication Support Technical LeadQLD
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- FTDevops Engineer X 2 positionsOther
- FTHealthcare TesterVIC
- FTSenior Functional AnalystOther
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunicationsQLD
- CCITSM Integration Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - PC DeploymentsOther
- FTProject Manager - Rail Industry or Survey or Construction bkgrdOther
- FTProduct Support ManagerVIC
- CCAutomation Designer (Solutions Architect) - Robotics (RPA) - SydneyNSW
- CCAxway DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT
- FTJunior Project ManagerACT