D-Link Australia DSL-G604T
- Great performance
- Irritating menu system, No on/off switch
Overall, this is a solid unit for a home network and it achieved some of the best throughput results in our tests.
Price$ 179.95 (AUD)
The D-Link DSL-G604T achieved the highest throughput of all the modems we tested. However it took us a while to get the hang of this modem's interface, which uses side and top buttons to take you to the different sections of configurable features.
In the configuration pages you can enable the firewall, which has DoS protection as well as protection against port scanning. You can also specifically filter incoming and outgoing traffic, depending on the IP address.
One thing that is a little annoying is the lack of an on/off switch, which would come in handy at times when cutting the power is the only way to reset the modem. In saying that, we didn't experience any crashes with this modem while using the Internet and transferring data to multiple PCs on our network simultaneously.
However, we do wish all the settings for implementing the wireless connection and wireless security were in one place in the interface.
It's a relatively inexpensive modem, and can be used to serve a wireless network through its built-in 802.11b/g module.
Join the newsletter!
When the Hypertext Transfer Protocol was introduced nearly 30 years ago, the Internet was a small, cozy club hosting just one website.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
- 2 Oppo Find X review: Damn.
- 3 Dell G5 review: Easy to live with
- 4 HAVIT G1W True Wireless Earbuds review: Budget buds with a wireless edge
- 5 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
Latest News Articles
- Netgear expand into smart speakers with new Orbi Voice
- Ericsson, Telstra and Qualcomm deploy 2Gbps Gigabit LTE technology
- D-Link launches Tri-band Covr-2202 Seamless Wi-Fi Mesh System
- D-Link launches new Smart Managed and SmartPro Switches
- Netgear launches new Whole-Home Orbi Wi-Fi System
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic FZ1000U OLED TV: Full, in-depth, review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?