D3 Publisher Bangai-O Spirits
Bangai-O Spirits provides a ton of bang for your buck
- Addictive gameplay, great retro feel, all the user created content is shareable
- Graphical slowdown, very uneven difficulty, too dependent on trial and error
This game is obviously aimed squarely at the hardcore DS gamer and while the intense action and high difficulty will probably turn off the casual crowd, it's a solid shooter for anyone who's looking for a challenge.
If your idea of a quality shooter includes unconventional gameplay, a ludicrous story and non-stop action then Bangai-O Spirits has your name written all over it.
A game based on a mech whose strength is derived from collecting deep-space fruit might sound ridiculous but Spirits packs a hell of a wallop with tons of 2-D carnage and million-missile battles that should please action fans. Too bad it suffers from a couple of major hiccups.
Like the old school Dreamcast title that preceded it, Bangai-O Spirits provides twitch action that can be at times intense and cerebral. But if you're expecting a run of the mill "shoot-and-avoid" gameplay experience, go look elsewhere: Spirits is an intensely challenging title that is certainly not for the casual gamer. Most levels require a lot of trial and error and you will watch your little mech explode a lot. Yet, if you have the patience for it, Spirits can be a very rewarding action experience.
The game offers an impressive list of features including 160-plus levels, ten combinable weapons, customizable maps and replays. It also has some entertaining multiplayer options as well.
However, Spirits does have a few imperfections that keep it from getting a glowing recommendation. The action can get so furious sometimes that it literally drags the DS down to a crawl. Also, the difficulty seems completely random; after 15 minutes of humiliating losses on one level you might select the next one only to beat it in 30 seconds on the first try. And don't even bother trying to decipher the story because it's just plain silly. However, Bangai-O Spirits has a lot going for it.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: ASUS Newest Notebooks
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - InfrastructureVIC
- TPSAP Process ControlQLD
- CCGuidewire Business Analyst - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst (Night Shift)Other
- FTCloud Project ManagerOther
- FTProgram ManagerOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Office 365 ProjectOther
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter Valley AreaNSW
- FTTDM ConsultantOther
- FTPerformance TesterOther
- FTSecurity ConsultantOther
- FTDesign Delivery Manager - Civil Engineering Background X2Other
- TPSQL Developer/AnalystQLD
- FTTest Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- TPProgram Manager - Managed ServicesQLD
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTNon - Functional Test LeadOther
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTProcess SME (Continuous Improvement)Other
- TPData Migration Developer - SalesforceNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorSA