Datacolor Spyder3Studio SR monitor calibrator
Even if you don't use SpyderCube RAW, the Spyder3Studio is great value for money
- Great calibration, affordable
- Printer calibration can be fiddly, more expensive than ColorMunki
The Spyder3Elite monitor calibrator is one of the best on the market, delivering precise calibration through simple to use software.
Price$ 495.00 (AUD)
Let’s not pretend that colour management is fascinating – still, it’s not as dull as having to repeatedly colour-correct your work trying to get your screen and printer to play nicely. The Spyder3 Studio SR opens up colour management to illustrators, photographers and designers with high-end colour needs but shoestring budgets.
It consists of three devices: Spyder3Elite, for monitors; Spyder3Print SR, for printers; and SpyderCube RAW, for cameras. They’re all housed in a heavy-duty metal case that protects the delicate parts when you store them. You’ll use the SpyderCube RAW every time you shoot. It’s a plastic cube with white, black and 18 per cent grey sides that you can photograph in the studio or on location alongside your project files to capture – then use this data to set the white, black and grey points in your software.
Even if you don’t use SpyderCube RAW, the Spyder3Studio is great value for money. The Spyder3Elite monitor calibrator is one of the best on the market, delivering precise calibration through simple to use software.
Unlike rival systems such as the X-rite’s ColorMunki Photo, the Spyder3Print SR is a separate device to the monitor calibrator. It uses a plastic strip holder, where you print out a sheet of coloured patches in strips, place it under the runner catch and manually swipe the Spyder3Print SR device along the runner to read the strips. Tugging the printed page under the runner isn’t as quick as using the ColorMunki, where you place it on your desk and swipe.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCService Delivery ManagerWA
- FTIT Contract Analyst/ ManagerOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- FTSecurity ArchitectNSW
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerOther
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTInfrastructure Security AnalystOther
- FTInfrastructure Manager / Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Financial ServicesVIC
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- CCMining Planning System EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- FTSenior Data Quality Management OfficerNSW
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTiOS DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Lead (Java, Spring Boot, Web APIs) - Brisbane LocationNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect- SAP S/4 HANA - Orange NSWOther
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support AnalystOther
- CCPerl Developer - DevOpsNSW