Day Clipboard Utility
Day Clipboard Utility (free) is a nice little app that takes text or an image that you've copied to the clipboard and captures it into itself upon your request.
- Ideally Day it would work with any plain text in the clipboard
Quibbles aside, Day Clipboard Utility is worth a look. It's free, and it extends copy-paste and the clipboard in interesting and unobtrusive ways. Give it a try.
Day Clipboard Utility will then save said image or text file in its own folder. This whole process can be automated, or you can approve each piece of text or image as it comes in to the clipboard.
The developer says it works only with text and images copied with a Ctrl-C. This isn't entirely accurate: anything that hits the Clipboard that's a piece of text or an image will be routed through Day Clipboard Utility. Well, almost.
We tested the limits of Day Clipboard Utility by attempting to copy a file into the clipboard that wasn't an image or text file. Day Clipboard Utility correctly ignored it.
However, right clicking on a .TXT file in Windows Explorer and copying it did not add said file to Day Clipboard Utility. Only selecting text and copying it works for that purpose. This seems an unnecessary limitation; ideally Day Clipboard Utility would work with any plain text in the clipboard, regardless of where the user gets it from.
One other useful ability of Day Clipboard Utility is the ability to copy multiple lines of text and combine these into a single list, and then port that list into a text file. Day Clipboard Utility also includes a few mini-utilities, such as the ability to change a text file to all-caps or all-lowercase (although the Italian translation renders "lowercase" as "miniscule").
The Day Clipboard Utility interface could use a little work. All of the program's preferences are represented by radio boxes and dropdowns littered throughout the user interface itself. A better UI would remove most of these and place them in a preferences dropdown.
Join the newsletter!
So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- FTAWS AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (Office 365)Other
- FTNetwork Operator - Order Support CentreOther
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTWebmethods DeveloperOther
- CCCommunications SpecialistNSW
- CCApplications Packaging EngineerWA
- TPTest Analyst - AutomationQLD
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaOther
- FTSenior PM - Data AnalyticsOther
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager - Product & Value ChainOther
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management Technical DesignerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ManagerNSW
- CCDeveloper - DeliveryNSW
- FTBusiness Process BAOther
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther