Dell G2210 LCD widescreen monitor
The Dell G2210t 22-inch widescreen monitor is both affordable and green-minded.
- Offers great energy-conscious features
- Dull colours in some photos
The Dell G2210t 22-inch widescreen monitor is designed for the times offering an appealing price and lower energy consumption. It's an ideal choice for users seeking a solid display that can help curb overall costs.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Dell has tapped into the current focus on the economy and the environment by producing the G2210t LCD widescreen monitor, a $349 22-inch monitor designed for both the wallet- and green-conscious. Dell claims the display is manufactured using recycled materials, and that its cabling is free of PVC and other harmful chemicals.
But the G2210t LCD widescreen monitor doesn't stop there when it comes to green features: it offers several energy modes, accessed through the display's on-screen controls. You get three choices — standard, energy smart, and energy smart plus — from which to select the level of brightness and energy consumption you wish to work with. When it's switched on, a built-in ambient light sensor detects the level of brightness in the room and adjusts the screen accordingly. After dimming the lights in the room, we noticed that the sensor did adjust the screen accordingly. When we turned the lights back on, the screen scaled back its brightness.
In our image quality tests, which were conducted at the standard energy setting, the G2210 LCD widescreen monitor showed easy-to-read text and nice colour, though on some screens we saw some dullness in photos. The display adjusts vertically, but it does not pivot. The Dell G2210 includes VGA and DVI connectors, but omits HDMI and DisplayPort. The screen has no antireflective coating, so it is easy to view with ambient light sources and does not produce a glare.
Given its appealing price and its ability to lower energy consumption, the G2210 just might be the ideal choice for users seeking a solid display that can help curb overall costs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCWintel EngineerQLD
- FTSr Integration Architect - next year startACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPLead Data Business AnalystQLD
- CCTech PM - SecurityNSW
- FTSystems AnalystsOther
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- FTOffice 365 Technical SpecialistOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst (x2)NSW
- CCSenior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)ACT
- FTChange ManagerOther
- TPSenior Project Manager (CRIM)VIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCInfrastructure SMENSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Infrastructure/Security ProjectsNSW
- TPICT Procurement Officer | NorthsideQLD
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- FTIteration Manager / Scrum Master - DigitalOther
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantACT