Dell Inspiron 9300
- Performance and specs
- One-year warranty as standard
The 9300 delivers a big 17in screen, mid-weight and great performance - particularly on the graphics front.
Price$ 2,059.20 (AUD)
With the Inspiron 9300, Dell has delivered a big 17" screen and great performance--particularly for graphics.
The model we looked at included the UXGA (1920x1200 pixel resolution) option and a 256MB Nvidia GeForce Go 6800 graphics controller. It has both VGA and DVI-external monitor outputs.
Using the 2GHz Intel Pentium M processor and 1GB of DDR2 memory (of a maximum 2GB), the 9300 achieved an amazing graphics score of 19220 in 3DMark 2001. That's better than most desktops.
This graphics processing power allowed us to achieve average frame rates of 209fps and 232fps in Unreal Tournament 2003's taxing Inferno and Face3 maps, respectively--outstanding!
On the downside, Dell has only included a 60GB hard disk--which almost isn't good enough for a high-end machine anymore--and the company still only provides a one-year warranty as standard (although this includes free courier pickup and return). We also wish Dell made use of the space available on the notebook to include a dedicated number pad for the keyboard.
Dell has included system status lights above the keyboard and on the right hinge and blue-backlit CD playback buttons are located on the front fascia.
The Inspiron 9300 supports one Type II PC Card and includes single FireWire, Ethernet and 56Kbps modem connections. Serial and parallel ports are not available. Wireless connectivity comes in the form of Intel's ProWireless 2200 (802.11b/g) connection. An SD I/O card reader is integrated along with no less than six USB 2.0 ports.
Norton Internet Security, Microsoft Works 7, Dell Media Experience by Cyberlink (for music, movies and photos) and Sonic CD and DVD creation tools are also included.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- CCIntegration Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- TPFront End Designer/DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Federal GovernmentOther
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectOther
- FTApplication Support HP ALMACT
- FTSOA/OSB Integration ConsultantOther
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTFunctional Support Consultant (GIS)Other
- FTMobile Application Developer (Xamarian)Other
- FTData Centre EngineerOther
- FTConfiguration Management Database Discovery AdministratorACT
- FTSystems AnalystsOther
- FTProject Coordiantor - Warehouse and Supply Chain ManagementOther
- FTSenior Security ConsultantNSW
- CCJunior Test AnalystACT
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorVIC
- CCWindows AdminVIC