Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 922
- Cheap, fast scan time
- Slightly slow image printing, poor colour graphics
This inexpensive MFP would fit well in a home where fast and easy operation is important and image quality is secondary.
Price$ 112.00 (AUD)
Dell's Photo All-in-One Printer 922 uses the same engine, drivers and case as the Lexmark X5270, and not surprisingly the two models perform almost identically.
In our tests, the Dell printed graphics at a slightly below-average 1ppm (page per minute), but it issued text quickly at a rate of 7.7ppm. It also scanned quickly: the 922 scanned a 4" x 5" photo at 100dpi in just 15 seconds.
The text the 922 printed was slightly jagged and looked dark, yet was legible down to very small sizes. Line art looked fairly crisp, though narrow parallel lines printed too thick and overlapped a lot. Colour graphics on plain paper looked faded and too orange, although blues appeared realistic. On glossy paper, photos also appeared too orange, but other colours seemed more realistic, and they retained detail well. Copies of a text document were sharp, but copies of plain-paper graphics looked faded.
The case is small and sleek, but the lid to the flatbed scanner feels flimsy and light. The console is bare-bones; for example, it lacks an LCD panel for setting the number of copies, changing the copy quality settings and so on. Next to the flatbed scanner, however, there are buttons for initiating scans and making copies.
Dell includes Lexmark's well-designed All-in-One Center, a driver for copying, sending a fax from a PC, and scanning to a specific application, file, email or fax. Based on the selection, the software sets the resolution. A print status box shows how much ink is left in the cartridges every time it prints.
The accompanying software can also be used to edit images or scan text to the included optical character recognition application, ABBYY FineReader 5.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Manufacturing SystemsOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- CCInfrastructure Architect - IT ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Security AnalystACT
- CCPlatform ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- TPDelivery ManagerACT
- FTSalesforce Consultant - SMEVIC
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- CCPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTService Management LeadOther
- TPTechnical Project Manager (HRIS)WA
- FT.Net Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Multiple rolesOther
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Infrastructure)Other
- CCMid - Level Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCUDS DeveloperNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTEnterprise Application AdministratorQLD
- CCFront-end DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistOther
- TPSenior Change MaangerACT
- FTC++/Python DeveloperACT