Dell UltraSharp U2211H LCD monitor
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H is an impressive monitor for image-intensive work such as graphics editing
- Excellent image quality, attractive design, good build quality
- Slightly darker towards edge of screen, minor backlight bleeding on top and bottom edges, no HDMI
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H LCD monitor possesses good image quality, an attractive design and an appealing asking price.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H is a 22in LCD monitor that boasts sharp image quality, an attractive bezel and an asking price that represents excellent value. With a full range of ports and connections, as well as a design that enables tilting, swivelling and height adjustment, the UltraSharp U2211H is an impressive pick for image-intensive work such as graphics editing, though the lack of an HDMI port is disappointing.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H LCD Monitor borrows many design elements from larger models in the range, such as the excellent UltraSharp U2410. The U2211H has a similar matte black design, with a straightforward rectangular base and sharp edges. The overall look is stylish yet professional, and the monitor feels sturdily built to boot.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H's on-screen display is accessed via straightforward controls right of the bezel. The buttons are easy to press and fairly responsive, while the menu system is well designed and easy to use.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H's stand is one of its most impressive features. In addition to offering the regular tilt option, the stand is height adjustable and the monitor can rotate 90 degrees. Impressively, you can also swivel the display on the base. You'll need to slightly tilt it first in order to fully rotate the screen, but the process is straightforward. A square hole at the back of the U2211H's frame allows you to neatly manage your cables.
The screen has a matte finish, so it doesn't reflect any light and is ideal for office use. The display is set deep into the bezel though, so the edges of the screen often reflect onto the bezel even though the bezel itself doesn't have a glossy finish. This is only a minor issue.
On the rear of the Dell UltraSharp U2211H you'll find DVI, VGA and DisplayPort inputs, along with two USB ports and an audio jack. Dell also includes a further two USB ports on the left side of the monitor (you will need to attach one of the rear ports to a computer in order to the other ports). Unfortunately, the U2211H lacks an HDMI port.
The Dell Ultrasharp U2211H LCD monitor has a 1920x1200 resolution, and the screen's IPS technology means it has a near-perfect 178 degree viewing angle. It also has a 8ms response time — a little slower than many mid-range TN panels, but on a monitor that hasn't been designed for gaming this isn't a huge issue. In our tests, the U2211H ran video content and games without any ghosting or blurring.
The monitor performed excellently in our DisplayMate tests; brightness, black levels and colour reproduction were highlights. The Dell UltraSharp U2211H also displayed most gradient tests clearly, and its sharpness was extremely impressive. Our only real issues with the U2211H are the fact that it looks slightly darker towards the edge of the screens and we some slight backlight bleeding we experienced at the top and bottom edges of the display.
Become a fan of PC World Australia on Facebook
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Stay up to date with the latest news, reviews and features. Sign up to PC World’s newsletters
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- HP rolls out patch to fix keylogging bug in certain laptops
- Some HP PCs are recording your keystrokes
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTIT Service Continuity ManagerACT
- FTSenior Unix/Linux EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTWireless Networking ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Process ModellerNSW
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTSQL BI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Administration AssistantACT
- FTRecord Management Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTSenior IT System Engineer Availability SpecialistACT
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOACT
- FTTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSr Infrastructure Automation EngineerACT
- FTBPM DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD