Dell UltraSharp U2211H LCD monitor
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H is an impressive monitor for image-intensive work such as graphics editing
- Excellent image quality, attractive design, good build quality
- Slightly darker towards edge of screen, minor backlight bleeding on top and bottom edges, no HDMI
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H LCD monitor possesses good image quality, an attractive design and an appealing asking price.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H is a 22in LCD monitor that boasts sharp image quality, an attractive bezel and an asking price that represents excellent value. With a full range of ports and connections, as well as a design that enables tilting, swivelling and height adjustment, the UltraSharp U2211H is an impressive pick for image-intensive work such as graphics editing, though the lack of an HDMI port is disappointing.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H LCD Monitor borrows many design elements from larger models in the range, such as the excellent UltraSharp U2410. The U2211H has a similar matte black design, with a straightforward rectangular base and sharp edges. The overall look is stylish yet professional, and the monitor feels sturdily built to boot.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H's on-screen display is accessed via straightforward controls right of the bezel. The buttons are easy to press and fairly responsive, while the menu system is well designed and easy to use.
The Dell UltraSharp U2211H's stand is one of its most impressive features. In addition to offering the regular tilt option, the stand is height adjustable and the monitor can rotate 90 degrees. Impressively, you can also swivel the display on the base. You'll need to slightly tilt it first in order to fully rotate the screen, but the process is straightforward. A square hole at the back of the U2211H's frame allows you to neatly manage your cables.
The screen has a matte finish, so it doesn't reflect any light and is ideal for office use. The display is set deep into the bezel though, so the edges of the screen often reflect onto the bezel even though the bezel itself doesn't have a glossy finish. This is only a minor issue.
On the rear of the Dell UltraSharp U2211H you'll find DVI, VGA and DisplayPort inputs, along with two USB ports and an audio jack. Dell also includes a further two USB ports on the left side of the monitor (you will need to attach one of the rear ports to a computer in order to the other ports). Unfortunately, the U2211H lacks an HDMI port.
The Dell Ultrasharp U2211H LCD monitor has a 1920x1200 resolution, and the screen's IPS technology means it has a near-perfect 178 degree viewing angle. It also has a 8ms response time — a little slower than many mid-range TN panels, but on a monitor that hasn't been designed for gaming this isn't a huge issue. In our tests, the U2211H ran video content and games without any ghosting or blurring.
The monitor performed excellently in our DisplayMate tests; brightness, black levels and colour reproduction were highlights. The Dell UltraSharp U2211H also displayed most gradient tests clearly, and its sharpness was extremely impressive. Our only real issues with the U2211H are the fact that it looks slightly darker towards the edge of the screens and we some slight backlight bleeding we experienced at the top and bottom edges of the display.
Become a fan of PC World Australia on Facebook
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Stay up to date with the latest news, reviews and features. Sign up to PC World’s newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Monster Hunter World review
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FTDatabase Designer and AdministratorOther
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- CCCyber Security ArchtiectQLD
- TPSystems Administrator (ServiceNow)QLD
- FTSharePoint O365 - Application SupportOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPPrincipal Solution Architect | CloudQLD
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- TPSystem AnalystACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTFrontend Developer - UX/UINSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTProject Co-ordinatorOther
- TPProgram Scheduler | 12 Month Contract | Qld GovernmentQLD
- FTGraduate Data Scientist/ Data AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystSA
- TPBusiness AnalystACT