- Free, can match Microsoft Office in many areas
- Impress is not as good as PowerPoint
We've been using OpenOffice for years now. With these performance and appearance improvements, we can see more users moving to this free office suite. In particular, we think anyone who does spreadsheets every day owes it to themselves to compare Calc and Excel. You'll be impressed.
Most of us are using firewall, antivirus and spyware protection, so it would be fair to assume you are safe from externally-based information crimes. However, the increased use of portable storage devices means the threat to company data from the inside is growing. While the perimeters of a corporate network can be locked down, portable storage devices can still be used for corporate espionage. Threats include data theft, the introduction of viruses and malware, and the transfer of copyrighted media.
DeviceWall software addresses these threats by blocking selected devices instead of ports - allowing full, legitimate business functionality of specific devices.
The software includes an analysis graph which shows how data is being used and highlights potential abuses. An invaluable auditing tool also allows administrators to view potential threats by monitoring how devices are used throughout an organisation before deploying policies to client workstations. Authorisation rights can be managed effectively on an individual user basis for all classes of portable media devices. Administrators can have a universal policy applied at the touch of a button to any level user on the network.
The program can be deployed efficiently from a central administration server via a simple Windows security-style GUI interface. In circumstances where device access needs to be granted outside of policy restrictions, an access code can be deployed from the central server. This allows for temporary access when not connected to the corporate network, but the transgression is still added to the audit log for tracking.
Join the newsletter!
As modern printing and imaging solutions have become more versatile and sophisticated to keep up with the needs of users, hackers are working overtime to turn these innovations into vulnerabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
- 2 Oppo Find X review: Damn.
- 3 Dell G5 review: Easy to live with
- 4 HAVIT G1W True Wireless Earbuds review: Budget buds with a wireless edge
- 5 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
Latest News Articles
- Access thousands of movies for free thanks to Telstra TV Kanopy App
- RMIT Online and AWS offering course in VR and AR
- Apple set release date for iOS 12, watchOS 5, tvOS 12, and macOS Mojave
- Telstra announces refreshed fixed-broadband plans
- Parallels Desktop 14 arrives
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic FZ1000U OLED TV: Full, in-depth, review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?