3D Invigorator for Photoshop
3D Invigorator for Photoshop is a version of Zaxwerks’ 3D Invigorator line of plug-ins for After Effects
- Powerful 3D text and vector-extrusion tools that are easy for Photoshop users to learn, great-looking output.
- Crashes more than it should, no scroll-wheel support.
3D Invigorator really is a 3D tool for digital artists and illustrators who’ve never looked beyond Photoshop’s layers for compositing due to 3D’s complexity and painful initial curve, as it’s powerful and accessible and is capable of producing great results.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
There are many ways to add 3D elements to your digital artwork or illustrations, but none have been completely satisfying for the tasks that most artists want to do – create 3D text and relatively-simple models for compositing in Photoshop.
You can model and render in a full 3D suite, but this is too complex and time-consuming for most. You can create your elements in Illustrator and import them, but again this is fiddly. You can use Photoshop CS4’s own 3D tools, but these don’t have quick tools for turning text and vector shapes into 3D, which is known as extrusion. Finally there’s Xara3D, which many Windows-based illustrators use in lieu of anything better, despite low-quality rendering.
Now there is something much, much better. 3D Invigorator for Photoshop is a version of Zaxwerks’ 3D Invigorator line of plug-ins for After Effects, which is a mainstay tool for motion graphics artists creating animated news and sports graphics. 3D Invigorator for Photoshop enables you to quickly create a mix of 3D text and vector shapes, set-up lighting and apply materials to surfaces – and render with impressive results.
When you first launch 3D Invigorator for Photoshop, a small menu pops up offering you a choice of the plug-ins main three creative tools. You can create text, import an ai or eps vector file, or work with a 3D primitive (basic shapes including spheres, cubes and – of course, the never-used-but-always-included-in-3D-tools rubber ring that is the torus.
Text is created in a separate dialog with standard controls over font, size, spacing and kerning (and it’s proper kerning too, not just full-word tracking). Vector file import is finicky, and you’ll have to resave your files in Illustrator if they’re compressed. The primitive options are useful if you want to include basic shapes, but you can’t modify them beyond scaling. If you want full 3D modelling within Photoshop, look to Strata’s 3Din plug-in.
Once you’ve created your 3D objects, you can scale, rotate and position them in 3D space using a standard set of mouse-drive manipulation tools including tumble, roll, track and dolly, which will be familiar if you’ve used Phtoshop CS3 or CS4’s 3D tools. You can also give text and vector shapes extrusion and bevels to makes them look more solid and realistic.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- CCVBA Test AnanlystNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- FTICT Contract AnalystOther
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | SaaS FintechOther
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersOther
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior SharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTIT Systems AdministratorOther
- FTProject Manager- Aviation/ Logistics/ Rail industry backgroundOther
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTManager, DevOpsOther
- FTProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTTest LeadACT
- FTDigital Project Manager / Product ManagerOther
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyVIC
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCSolution Architect/ Technical LeadQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther