3D Invigorator for Photoshop
3D Invigorator for Photoshop is a version of Zaxwerks’ 3D Invigorator line of plug-ins for After Effects
- Powerful 3D text and vector-extrusion tools that are easy for Photoshop users to learn, great-looking output.
- Crashes more than it should, no scroll-wheel support.
3D Invigorator really is a 3D tool for digital artists and illustrators who’ve never looked beyond Photoshop’s layers for compositing due to 3D’s complexity and painful initial curve, as it’s powerful and accessible and is capable of producing great results.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
There are many ways to add 3D elements to your digital artwork or illustrations, but none have been completely satisfying for the tasks that most artists want to do – create 3D text and relatively-simple models for compositing in Photoshop.
You can model and render in a full 3D suite, but this is too complex and time-consuming for most. You can create your elements in Illustrator and import them, but again this is fiddly. You can use Photoshop CS4’s own 3D tools, but these don’t have quick tools for turning text and vector shapes into 3D, which is known as extrusion. Finally there’s Xara3D, which many Windows-based illustrators use in lieu of anything better, despite low-quality rendering.
Now there is something much, much better. 3D Invigorator for Photoshop is a version of Zaxwerks’ 3D Invigorator line of plug-ins for After Effects, which is a mainstay tool for motion graphics artists creating animated news and sports graphics. 3D Invigorator for Photoshop enables you to quickly create a mix of 3D text and vector shapes, set-up lighting and apply materials to surfaces – and render with impressive results.
When you first launch 3D Invigorator for Photoshop, a small menu pops up offering you a choice of the plug-ins main three creative tools. You can create text, import an ai or eps vector file, or work with a 3D primitive (basic shapes including spheres, cubes and – of course, the never-used-but-always-included-in-3D-tools rubber ring that is the torus.
Text is created in a separate dialog with standard controls over font, size, spacing and kerning (and it’s proper kerning too, not just full-word tracking). Vector file import is finicky, and you’ll have to resave your files in Illustrator if they’re compressed. The primitive options are useful if you want to include basic shapes, but you can’t modify them beyond scaling. If you want full 3D modelling within Photoshop, look to Strata’s 3Din plug-in.
Once you’ve created your 3D objects, you can scale, rotate and position them in 3D space using a standard set of mouse-drive manipulation tools including tumble, roll, track and dolly, which will be familiar if you’ve used Phtoshop CS3 or CS4’s 3D tools. You can also give text and vector shapes extrusion and bevels to makes them look more solid and realistic.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Sunshine Coast HospitalQLD
- FTSharepoint DeveloperOther
- FTSecurity Analyst - Operational SupportOther
- FTManagement Consultant - ConsultancyOther
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectVIC
- FTAgile Digital Business AnalystQLD
- FTCommercial Loan Documentation SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Analyst, Technical SupportNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTDigital Account StrategistSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCMiddleware AdminstratorNSW
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- FTAutomation TesterOther
- CCAutomation Anywhere developerQLD
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTMiddleware Engineer/ Tibco ActiveMatrix or other ESBOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProgress 8.3 DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTSolution DesignerOther