Digital Anarchy Beauty Box
An affordable way to give your footage a makeover
- Great automatic results with standard footage, excellent manual controls
- Slow, occasional problems with blondes
Considering that much of Beauty Box's target audience will want it for low-budget corporate productions, it's no-brainer at an affordable price.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
We’ve all had to deal with footage where someone has skimped on a decent make-up artist and you’ve been asked to give some poor unfortunate a Max Factor makeover in post.
Beauty Box is designed to automate this process: identifying skin areas for you and smoothing them, while leaving others intact.
We tested the After Effects version. Using it can be as simple as applying the plug-in, hitting Analyze Frame and letting it work its magic. As long as your subject has no major scars and is looking at the camera – and is consistently lit – this can yield remarkable results, as blemishes vanish quicker than in a Clearasil ad.
Considering that much of Beauty Box’s target audience will want it for low-budget corporate productions, it’s no-brainer at an affordable price.
It had problems with blondes under bright light – no doubt due to the lack of contrast between pale hair and skin – but only real downside is that it’s slow to preview and render.
If you want perfect results, or have difficult footage, there’s a wide set of manual controls, helping you select the face if it’s not looking straight at the camera, or if it’s partially obscured by hair or something else.
We miss the add- and remove-area brushes of Imagenomic’s Portraiture 2, a similar tool for Photoshop, and wish it ran faster, but if you often have to touch up bad skin, this is well worth checking out.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSystems AnalystACT
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Test EngineerVIC
- CCWindows System Admin with IIS - Insurance ClientQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCJunior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTDesktop Engineer (Windows 10)Other
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Software DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Identity Access ManagementQLD
- FTTest Analyst (SAP)VIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Wealth & AgileOther
- FTSCRUM MasterOther
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - HealthQLD
- FTProject Manager, Relocation, Fitout & ConstructionOther
- TP.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTOperational Risk ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- FTSales Support and Administration OfficerOther
- FTLevel 2 -3 Engineer | 6mth ContractOther