Digital Anarchy Primatte Chromakey for Photoshop 3.0
- Fast and efficient workflow., works as Smart Filter, Light Wrap for more realistic comps
- Other tools better for tricky cutouts, requires green/blue screen shots
Primate Chromakey for Photoshop CS3 is an excellent tool for designers working with large numbers of well-shot cutouts – catalogue designers will find it a godsend – though you or your photographer will have to invest in some green screen paint. If you need to extract people from more tricky backgrounds, we'd recommend OnOne's Mask Pro instead.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
Despite the addition of the Quick Selection cut-out tool to Photoshop CS3, there are still plenty of masking plug-ins available. Primatte Chromakey for Photoshop is one such tool. It provides the same results as all the other masking plug-ins, but has a quite different workflow.
This tool is based on the Primatte plug-in, which is available for compositing tools such as After Effects. It extracts people and objects that have been shot against green/blue screen.
Using a green screen may seem unusual for still photography, but because the software is working with colour rather than paths, intricate and semi-transparent areas such as hair and shadow detail are left intact.
The core new tool in version 3.0 of Primatte is the Auto Mask, which offers one-click extraction based on a 'best guess' premise. As long as your model or object is well lit, this provides acceptable results – and you can tweak it afterwards if you wish. Coupled with the new support for Photoshop actions, you could batch process a full professional shoot's worth of images very quickly.
The update also works as a Smart Filter, Photoshop CS3's new system that allows you to go back and edit filters after you've applied them – which can be very useful if later compositing of your image reveals defects in the mask.
We were also impressed by the Light Wrap function, which mimics the reflection of background lighting on the edges of your mask, with controls over Radius and Brightness. This is an excellent addition for the creation of realistic-looking compositions. Digital Anarchy has also spruced up the interface and added support for Intel Macs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: ASUS Newest Notebooks
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BrisbaneNSW
- FTMulesoft Integration DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperACT
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- TPTechnology Training and Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSAED CoordinatorOther
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorSA
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - 3D, VR, WebGLNSW
- CCIT Service Desk AnalystACT
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Testing/Technical WritingOther
- FTPresales Security ConsultantWA
- FTChange Management LeadOther
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther
- CCNetwork Automation EngineerVIC
- TPQlik DeveloperQLD