Diskeeper 10.0 Professional Premier Edition
- Comprehensive, Works Well, Great Interface
- May slow down other programs, Expensive
Despite the presence of a Windows defrag tool, we found this program extremely useful. If you are willing to pay its asking price then it won’t let you down.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
Given the frequency with which we bleat on about good PC practice, you'd be forgiven for thinking we were paragons of IT virtue. Sadly, this isn't always the case - Diskeeper's discoveries on one of our hoary old review PCs came like a much-needed shout of 'take some of your own advice' Even today's vast hard drives are quickly filled with files and programs large and small, which leads to a drop in performance. Whether defragging addresses this is a point of debate, but the general consensus is that it does. If you want to defrag, Diskeeper is an excellent way to do so, despite the defrag tool already present in Windows.
It comes in many flavours - but we decided to test the Professional Premier Edition. After a rapid installation and registration, you're faced with a simple interface. Your PC's drives are displayed in the top pane. A single click tells Diskeeper to analyse one. Full marks for the user interface; clear, concise and extremely easy to navigate.
The results are displayed in a colour-coded bar chart so you know just how badly your PC needs defragmentation. In our case, this was badly, so we quickly hit Defragment. You can work while this process churns on, but you'll find some programs run more slowly. Once you're nicely defragged, you can set up Frag Shield to offset future problems. What's more, you can schedule regular boot-time defrags and enable the 'Set it and forget it' mode.
And the results? Well, our 30GB hard disk was virtually full and totally miserable before we defragged - and slightly less stuffed but far perkier afterwards. This program is easy to use, has plenty of useful functionality and does what it's supposed to. Whether you're prepared to pay for this when Windows has a (limited) built-in defrag tool will depend on your circumstances, but there are plenty of versions to choose from.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTNet DeveloperOther
- CCAutomation Developer ? Linux Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSenior Salesforce Systems AnalystQLD
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectVIC
- CCProject SAP Asset CoordinatorNSW
- FTQlikview Technical LeadOther
- TPICT Procurement Officer | NorthsideQLD
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- CCSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTCoach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- FTGraduate Software Developer - Front EndWA
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- FTIteration Manager / Scrum Master - DigitalOther
- CCMultiple Pega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTWeb Developer - Drupal 7 or iApplyNSW