DrayTek Vigor 2800G
- Nice warranty, Robust features
It is a bit pricey, but it is full of features and comes with a three-year warranty, making it perfect for a small business.
Price$ 330.00 (AUD)
Dubbed the ADSL2/2+ security router, the Draytek Vigor 2800G has a strong set of privacy and protection mechanisms, such as an SPI (stateful packet inspection) firewall and content filtering, which allows you to block out specific URLs and keywords.
For more advanced users, the VPN (virtual private network) capabilities of this router are particularly strong. VPN can be undertaken through a wired or wireless network and data can be encrypted using DES (Data Encryption Standard), 3DES (DES three times) and AES (Advanced Encryption Standard).
Setting up this modem was easy - all we had to do was run the wizard in its HTML interface - but our line rate was detected at 11,177Kbps, which was a little lower than the other modems. In our FTP download test, however, the 2800G achieved an excellent average of 811KBps, and its total throughput was 1467KBps. Support for Super G is available, allowing for wireless communications up to 54Mbps both ways (upstream and ownstream).
The range of this unit can be boosted by adding optional high-gain antennae instead of using the two standard 3db antennae that are supplied. A wireless distribution system can also be established so you can expand the coverage of the network by introducing more access points.
Join the newsletter!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- D-Link Launches Their Fastest-Ever NBN AC5300 MU-MIMO Modem Router
- Netgear delivers industry first networking devices with remote management from anywhere in the world
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Linksys signs on as PAX AUS partner
- NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem Keeps You Online
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- FTCustomer & Sales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - ContractOther
- FTIT Service Delivery Manager - Workplace Technology (O365 & SP)Other
- TPBusiness and Test Analyst | Student Management SystemQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Process SpecialistNSW
- CCWintel Messaging Engineer l Office 365 / Exchange / Skype for Business / AzureNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectACT
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTTIBCO Integration SpecialistOther
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCAPI Developer - ApigeeVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTSenior .NET Developer - Back EndOther
- FTCloud Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSharepoint DeveloperOther
- FTPermanent: Senior Infrastructure Technical Consultant - Cloud - MicrosoftVIC
- FTPageUp BAOther
- FTSenior Telecommunications RiggerSA
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD