DrayTek Vigor 2800G
- Nice warranty, Robust features
It is a bit pricey, but it is full of features and comes with a three-year warranty, making it perfect for a small business.
Price$ 330.00 (AUD)
Dubbed the ADSL2/2+ security router, the Draytek Vigor 2800G has a strong set of privacy and protection mechanisms, such as an SPI (stateful packet inspection) firewall and content filtering, which allows you to block out specific URLs and keywords.
For more advanced users, the VPN (virtual private network) capabilities of this router are particularly strong. VPN can be undertaken through a wired or wireless network and data can be encrypted using DES (Data Encryption Standard), 3DES (DES three times) and AES (Advanced Encryption Standard).
Setting up this modem was easy - all we had to do was run the wizard in its HTML interface - but our line rate was detected at 11,177Kbps, which was a little lower than the other modems. In our FTP download test, however, the 2800G achieved an excellent average of 811KBps, and its total throughput was 1467KBps. Support for Super G is available, allowing for wireless communications up to 54Mbps both ways (upstream and ownstream).
The range of this unit can be boosted by adding optional high-gain antennae instead of using the two standard 3db antennae that are supplied. A wireless distribution system can also be established so you can expand the coverage of the network by introducing more access points.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- D-Link Launches Their Fastest-Ever NBN AC5300 MU-MIMO Modem Router
- Netgear delivers industry first networking devices with remote management from anywhere in the world
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Linksys signs on as PAX AUS partner
- NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem Keeps You Online
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Technical Engineer - MacVIC
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTDigital BAOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)VIC
- CCTechnical LeadQLD
- FTPractice Director DevelopmentSA
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / Advisor - Content & Collaboration - SharePointNSW
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- CCPHP DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Engineer, Operational Infrastructure & TelcoOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTLevel 2/Level 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTMid-Level Software EngineerOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- TPService Delivery ManagerACT
- CCLevel 1 and 2 Help Desk OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Telecommunications RiggerOther
- TPProject Services - Support RolesACT