Sometimes an excellent operating system can be made even better
DriveSitter Pro delves deep into your hard disk and reports on a mind-boggling amount of information.
- Delivers a wealth of information
- Not free
There is free software (such as Active@ Hard Disk Monitor) that performs similar tasks, so if you don't need to delve extremely deeply, you'll be just as well off with a freebie. But for deep-down analysis, DriveSitter Pro is superior.
Price$ 26.69 (AUD)
Note: the pricing for this product is in US$.
If you want to know in exquisite detail absolutely everything about the functioning of your hard disk — and want to be warned if there's a danger of crashing — you'll want to give DriveSitter Pro a try.
DriveSitter Pro delves deep into your hard disk and reports on a mind-boggling amount of information. Be aware, though, that much of the information will be incomprehensible to the uninitiated, and that if you don't need this level of detail, the registration price of US$25 is overkill.
DriveSitter Pro does a very good job of starting with the basics, showing you basic such as your disk manufacturer, capacity, free space, type of file system (NTFS or FAT), serial number, and more.
In addition, DriveSitter Pro reports on the overall health and performance of your hard disk, and even provides you the current temperature, so that you can be warned if it's in danger of overheating or crashing.
That, though, is just the beginning. With DriveSitter Pro you'll also see exquisitely detailed information about disk performance and other metrics, most of which you may or may not understand, such as Raw Read Error Rate, Spin-up Time, and Power-ups Count.
And it offers much more than that, with weird-sounding statistics such as Offline Uncorrectable Sector Count. And there are plenty of statistics that are merely listed as "unknown attribute".
Note that in order for DriveSitter to get the most information and statistics possible from your drive, the drive must adhere to S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) hard disk technology. Most newer hard disks do, but the best way to find out is to install this software, and see what it finds out.
If you understand these kinds of statistics, you'll most likely love DriveSitter Pro. If not, you may not be a fan, although its ability to watch the health of your hard disk is useful even for those who don't understand most of the arcane statistics.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- 3 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 4 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 5 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 10 Best Free To Play Games You Can Play In 2018
- HAVIT G1W True Wireless Earbuds review: Budget buds with an wireless edge
- The throttled MacBook Pro: Discussing the heat problems with Apple’s new laptop
- Fake products? Only AI can save us now.
- The NES Classic Edition is available on Amazon, so get it before it's gone
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?