Dvico TViX Multimedia Player
- Simple drag and drop file transfer, easy to use, copy and playback DVDs
- No support for WMV music files or ISO image files, lack of extensive file support
A simple way to get your movies, music and stills from your PC and onto your TV without having to set up a network or media server to do it.
Price$ 329.95 (AUD)
If you've ever spent a weekend wrestling with a recalcitrant media server, you'll be relieved to hear that there's a much simpler alternative.
Essentially a hard drive enclosure with video firmware, DViCO's TViX connects to your PC's USB 2.0 port and acts as a mass storage device. The capacity depends upon the hard drive in the unit itself--our review sample came with an 80GB drive, but you can buy the bare unit and easily add your own.
Copying your media files across is as simple as dragging and dropping them into the corresponding folder on the TViX. You can then carry it over to your TV, hook it up with the comprehensive AV ports at the rear and play them back.
Most of the major media file types and codecs are supported (including DivX and XviD), but Windows Media Video (WMV) isn't supported--a limitation of the Sigma EM8510 chipset. Nor can the TViX play ISO image files or .TS digital TV recordings like the Mvisto can. However, if you've created your own DVD movies, these can be copied across and played back, complete with menus. Upscaling of standard definition content for HD displays (1080i) is also supported.
The TViX's most important asset is its simplicity. It does what it does with the minimum of fuss, with no network expertise required. The TViX is an excellent product, although we'd like to see more extensive file support, as well as support for Ethernet, in future versions.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTTeam and Project Administrator - SalesforceQLD
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- CCIT Specialist - System ServicesNSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Incident & OperationsOther
- CCC++ Developer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTAutomation Test EngineerOther
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- FTProject Manager (Network & Security)Other
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Salesforce Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerACT
- CCProduct ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- CCMiddleware AdminstratorNSW
- CCJava Developer - Government organisationVIC
- CCProject Manager - CRMQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location)QLD
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - ContractNSW