Dvico TViX Multimedia Player
- Simple drag and drop file transfer, easy to use, copy and playback DVDs
- No support for WMV music files or ISO image files, lack of extensive file support
A simple way to get your movies, music and stills from your PC and onto your TV without having to set up a network or media server to do it.
Price$ 329.95 (AUD)
If you've ever spent a weekend wrestling with a recalcitrant media server, you'll be relieved to hear that there's a much simpler alternative.
Essentially a hard drive enclosure with video firmware, DViCO's TViX connects to your PC's USB 2.0 port and acts as a mass storage device. The capacity depends upon the hard drive in the unit itself--our review sample came with an 80GB drive, but you can buy the bare unit and easily add your own.
Copying your media files across is as simple as dragging and dropping them into the corresponding folder on the TViX. You can then carry it over to your TV, hook it up with the comprehensive AV ports at the rear and play them back.
Most of the major media file types and codecs are supported (including DivX and XviD), but Windows Media Video (WMV) isn't supported--a limitation of the Sigma EM8510 chipset. Nor can the TViX play ISO image files or .TS digital TV recordings like the Mvisto can. However, if you've created your own DVD movies, these can be copied across and played back, complete with menus. Upscaling of standard definition content for HD displays (1080i) is also supported.
The TViX's most important asset is its simplicity. It does what it does with the minimum of fuss, with no network expertise required. The TViX is an excellent product, although we'd like to see more extensive file support, as well as support for Ethernet, in future versions.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- YouTube launches streaming TV service with 40 channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTransition Officer-Service NowNSW
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (cisco)Other
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperACT
- CCMultiple Project Coordinators - TelcoVIC
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Virtualisation and StorageVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Content SpecialistNSW
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryQLD
- FTSoftware Tech Lead | C++ | Trading | Market ConnectivityOther
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCRegional Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTSAP Environment LeadQLD
- TPTest AnalystVIC
- FTLead Enterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- CCApplications Software EngineerNSW