If you own an action camera, it’s probably a GoPro. But if you are planning on sharing any footage of your latest outdoor adventure with friends and colleagues, you will need more than just hardware. You will need software.
EA Games Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
- Five incredible games in one awesome package, there are dedicated servers for TF2
- Painful load times, intermittent frame rate issues, the controls are the least friendly of all the versions
While there are a few technical issues with Orange Box such as long load times, it is easily forgiven considering the quality of the game. Plus with Team Fortress 2 included you'd be crazy to pass on this game.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
The Orange Box is as close to a must buy title as it gets for PS3 owners. It features five incredible games that are worth buying individually; heck, for Team Fortress 2 alone, we'd throw in our first-born as well.
By now, you probably know all about what the Orange Box has to offer but just in case, you don't, here's a quick primer: it includes the classic Half-Life 2 as well as the follow-ups Episode One and Two; these mini-sequels do an excellent job of extending the story and set up what's coming next.
Also included is the gem Portal, a mind-blowing and sometimes baffling title that shines with excellent game design and dialogue. The game arms you with a special gun that allows you to create portals on the fly; you use it to solve environmental puzzles while unravelling the hilarious back story. It isn't particularly long but the experience is awesome from the first minute to the last.
As if that wasn't enough, the package is rounded out by Team Fortress 2, which we feel is the best multi-player game of the year. The new art style, fast pace and strategic team play really help set it apart from the rest of the pack. It feels simplified when compared to the original but it's ridiculously fun. The PS3 version also features dedicated servers which helps eliminate a lot of the hosting problems that affected the 360 version. A nice addition is the option to vote on maps rather than return to the lobby between games.
There has been some criticism levied against the PS3 version of Orange Box for daunting load times and frame rate issues and while they are present, it's easy to forgive these technical issues given the quality of the game itself. If you have a PS3, you can't afford not to own it.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 2 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
- 3 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 4 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo Find X review: Damn.
Latest News Articles
- Gfinity announce Elite Series Season 2 launch date
- League of Origin comes to Melbourne
- Aussie Esports teams progress to $1.25 million Throwndown Esports finals
- Red Bull brings LVL UP competition to PAX 2018
- The Away Team to get Lost Exodus update on October 22nd
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?