EA Games Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
- The controls are very well implemented, the 32-player online mode has potential
- Graphics are lacklustre, gameplay is somewhat shallow, World War II theme is oh-so-tired
Wii owners who are desperate for a post-Metroid 3 FPS experience should definitely check Heroes 2 out but if you have access to other consoles, you're probably better off playing something else instead. Like, say, Call of Duty 4?
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Alright, we have to admit it: for a Wii FPS game, Heroes 2 is not half bad, especially considering the other choices out there.
The controls are tight and the action is fast paced, even if the game's premise feels stale. The included 'Arcade' mode is also decent: it turns the game into an on-rails light-gun game where you are shuttled around from level to level while shooting enemies with the Wii Remote.
Oh, and the fact that it packs a multiplayer mode capable to hosting 32 gamers is pretty damn impressive. Honestly, if the only console you have access to is a Wii, then this is the best FPS experience available to you outside of Metroid Prime 3.
But that doesn't mean the game is great. The Wii visuals are adequate but not particularly impressive and the WWII-themed story feels so tired. The single-player campaign doesn't do much to distinguish itself other than its controls, which are well implemented, and the 'Arcade' mode is a fun but an ultimately shallow experience that pales in comparison to other games like The Umbrella Chronicles.
The one potential bright point lies in the game's multiplayer mode; we didn't get to play it -- at the time this review went to press, the game's servers hadn't gone live yet -- but if it's done right, Wii owners will finally have a massive online playground to run around in.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
- Event schedule announced for PAX Aus 2017
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior ETL Developer/DesignerVIC
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorVIC
- FTPerformance Tester - Load RunnerACT
- FTDevOps Support EngineerOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCCICD ArchitectVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTSCCM Systems AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - DigitalVIC
- CCExperience / Service DesignerACT
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior ServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCJunior Website AdministratorACT
- FTCloud Engineer | AzureOther
- FTTechnical Engineer - NPIOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC