EA Games Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
- The swing system is accurate and innovative...
- ...but it's far from perfect. The graphics and presentation also need polish.
Tiger for the Wii is a lot like the real sport of golf: wonderfully fun and tremendously frustrating. But unlike the real deal, it just isn't always worth the aggravation. Hopefully, they'll bring some of the finesse back for the 2008 model.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
For virtual duffers like yours truly, Tiger Woods '07 for the Wii seems like a dream come true.
A hyper-realistic golf game that utilises the Wii Remote to mimic a real golf swing is everything we could ask for in a video golf game. So why are we not impressed by the end result?
First off, it's because the Wii version of Tiger '07 is the least attractive and pleasing of all the available iterations. The features are pretty much the same but the Wii version's courses, colour schemes, and ball physics are lacking. But the real draw here is the Wii Remote's swing system, which is quite accurate, and mimics real world golf mechanics rather well. If you need to smash the ball down the green, then swing hard and fast; if a shot requires a delicate touch, then go slow and easy. You can also flick your wrist to fade or draw your shot.
But as innovative as the swing system is, it has a lot of flaws. Sensitivity is a major issue, and often, the Remote would register a swing even though we haven't actually completed it. Then there's the fact that the ball control options that most virtual golfers have come to expect are missing. There is no percentage meter to indicate your lie and there is no option to change the trajectory of your shot.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Razer roll out studio-grade Serien Elite microphone
- Blizzard announce new rewards for Battle for Azeroth preorders
- Intel Extreme Masters to bring eSports back to the Qudos Arena in May
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- The Avengers Project release date, platforms, gameplay news & trailers
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTNetwork ConsultantQLD
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTUnix/Linux System Administrator - PERMANENT ROLEQLD
- CCFull Stack Mobile/Java DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- FTArchitect - Performance EngineeringOther
- FTSenior AWS Cloud SpecialistsOther
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCApplications Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnical LeadOther
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Technical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- TPProject Manager - Senior Application Specialist - HealthcareQLD
- CCUDS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationNSW
- CCSoftware Configuration ManagerACT
- TPSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial MarketsVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer/DesignerVIC
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorVIC
- TPTest Analyst - AutomationQLD
- CCSenior Internet Services EngineerNSW