eBay Turbo Lister 2
- Attractive Interface, Excellent functionality, In-line editing
- Updates searched for at inappropriate time.
If you post multiple items on Ebay at once, there is no better tool available for doing so
For many people, Ebay is a magical place where they can buy the latest gear for the cheapest price imaginable. For others, it is a tedious painful experience where listing an item takes page after page of web crawling and listing 15 items takes the better part of 2 hours. Thankfully, Ebay feels our pain and understands that there needs to be a better solution.
This is where Turbo Lister comes into play. Turbo Lister is a program created by Ebay that is free to download and specifically targeted at bulk users. While the average person listing one or two items a month can still use it, the real benefits are seen when posting bulk items in one sitting.
We have been using Turbo Lister since the very first version and up until now it has been useful but not terribly well made. Turbo Lister 2 however, is not only easy to use with some nifty new functionality, but it's also rather attractive to boot. A Macintosh software sensibility has seemed to seep into the software industry of late and Turbo Lister 2 is no exception. With a muted gray colour scheme and Mac-like window edges, there is no denying its appeal.
Downloading the software won't cost you a cent and the application is available from the Ebay website. Once installed, the program asks you for your Ebay login details which it then uses to get the rest of your personal information, including your selling preferences and bank account details.
Listings are added to your database one at a time and via one screen. This is one of the biggest differences from the older versions of Turbo Lister. Using only one screen (albeit via scrolling) makes it simple to add a listing as everything you need to enter is right in front of you. Choosing a category for your item is done by choosing from the drop down taxonomy tree. After this, all the details are entered and the product is saved. At this point you can also save the product as a template to save you time when adding similar items later on.
Once you have all your products in your database, the ones you want to upload to Ebay are moved into a separate upload area and then the cost of the listing is calculated. If you are happy with the cost one more click has them uploaded to Ebay and commenced as active auctions. This is also the point where the program looks for updates to the Ebay categories ,although we found it odd that it did so after the upload was complete and not before. As annoying as it was in previous versions, searching for category changes before you uploaded something made sense. In our tests, our auctions sometimes went up in incorrect categories because since the software release, Ebay has changed their taxonomy structure.
The newest element that has been added to the program is the ability to edit the spreadsheet view of your collection. This comes in handy to make last minute corrections or adjust prices or auction periods. This feature alone is a major improvement of the software and one people have been eagerly awaiting.
If you post multiple items on Ebay at once, there is no better tool available for doing so.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
- Google Assistant branches out, supporting third-party hardware and smarter features
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTQlikview Developer | Contract 6-12mthVIC
- FTDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTOperations Manager - NV1 Cleared - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- FTSenior DeveloperNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTSenior Test Analyst - UATQLD