Edifier MP300 Plus speaker system
With so many bulky, poorly designed portable speakers on the market that lack decent audio quality, the Edifier MP300 Plus is like a breath of fresh air
- Great audio quality at a competitive price
- Mid-range slightly lacking
The Edifier MP300 Plus speakers offer great audio quality but don't cost a fortune.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
The Edifier MP300 Plus is a small yet surprisingly powerful portable speaker system. It comes with two tiny satellite speakers and a 9-Watt tubular subwoofer that's just 28cm long. Despite their diminutive size, they have enough power to easily fill an apartment's lounge room with superb audio.
The Edifier MP300 Plus portable speakers are an ideal companion to an MP3 player, a home PC or even a work computer. The system has an understated design; the subwoofer has a brushed aluminium finish, and there is a metal weave grill over the two spherical satellite speakers.
Setting up the speakers is simple. On the back of the subwoofer is an audio-in port to connect the satellite speakers, then you simply connect the system to a line-out port on your PC, notebook or MP3 player. The speakers have their own power supply, so once you switch them on you can begin marvelling at their great audio quality.
We tested MP300 Plus with a varied selection of tracks, ranging from gritty rock to drum 'n' bass, and the speakers proved their worth by catering to different musical tastes with ease. One slight flaw of the MP300 Plus speakers' sound quality is the mid-range. It's not very prominent and the sound tends to be a dominated by a lot of high frequencies.
The bass is excellent; the subwoofer handles high volumes with ease. There is virtually no distortion when the volume is turned up, as the bass doesn’t muffle the details of the music in the slightest.
As with any audio product, the main selling point is the sound quality and in this respect the Edifier MP300 Plus certainly delivers. Priced at $99, you certainly get bang for your buck; they also have a solid build quality and are rather pleasing to the eye.
One let-down with the MP300 Plus speakers is that they require AC power. Considering that the main function of the speakers is to connect to a notebook and that they have been dubbed 'portable', one would assume that Edifier could have made the speakers USB-powered.
In Edifier's defence, however, the subwoofer requires more power than can be delivered by USB alone — sound quality takes precedence over convenience in this instance. The speakers are portable purely in the sense that you can move them quickly from room to room. They even come with a carry case, so you can transport them safely.
With so many bulky, poorly designed portable speakers on the market that lack decent audio quality, the Edifier MP300 Plus is like a breath of fresh air. These speakers are affordable and of excellent quality, and their unobtrusive design makes them ideal for someone with limited desk space. Their light weight also makes them ideal for travel.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- MWC 2018: Alcatel
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity Clearances OfficerACT
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCContinuous Improvement and Change Specialist (Black Belt) - Contract - Nth SydNSW
- CC.Net Developer - wealth platformVIC
- TPSecurity and Risk ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead UnixOther
- FTIncident ManagerOther
- FTSupply Chain or Logistic IT Business Analysts - MULTIPLE ROLESOther
- TPChange Lead | UtilitiesQLD
- FTSenior Data Warehouse DeveloperQLD
- TP.NET DeveloperACT
- FTSharePoint O365 - Application SupportOther
- CCX2 BPE Managers - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Java Developer / IntegratorQLD
- CCTivoli Netcool DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Product/Project Manager - North QueenslandQLD
- CCCC&B Consultant - Energy and Gas DomainVIC
- FTSAS DeveloperNSW
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- TPICT Portfolio AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Mobile/Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM - Greenfield implementationVIC