Eizo ColorEdge CG303W LCD monitor
The Eizo ColorEdge CG303W 30in monitor has a high-quality IPS panel with a resolution of 2,560-x-1,600
- Very high-quality and accurate colour output, paper matching, excellent software, bundled hood.
- Pricey, curious lack of DisplayPort for 30-bit colour
Eizo's ColorEdge CG303W is, quite possibly, the best monitor an artist or designer could hope for. It combines a superb panel, incredibly accurate colour output, and well-conceived controls supported by great software.
Price$ 6,480.00 (AUD)
This 30in Eizo ColorEdge CG303W monitor has a high-quality IPS panel with a resolution of 2560x1600. While you can now get this resolution over 27-inches on Dell's UltraSharp U2711 (or Apple's 27-inch iMac), it feels more comfortable on the eyes over long periods at the larger size. Behind this is a processing system that works in a 12-bits-per-colour space to ensure that the colours output by your graphics card are accurately mapped to the CG303W's own space.
The CG303W is capable of outputting 30-bit colour, and this is where it gets odd. This is only an option for Windows users, as you need an AMD ATI FirePro or nVidia Quadro board to do this. Most 30-bit sets up use DisplayPort as it's native to the standard - but the CG303W uses dual-link DVI, which requires support for specific monitors to be built into each graphics card. It’ll work fine with the current generation of boards – but future support isn't guaranteed.
Everything else about the CG303W seems so considered and tailored to the needs of creatives. The excellent bundled ColorNavigator software works with most standard hardware, including X-Rite’s Eye-One and DataColor's Spyders. There's also colour matching for paper, a bundled hood to keep lighting consistent and even a Screen Cleaner Kit (that's also great for cleaning your glasses).
Slight 30-bit quibbles aside - this is an exceptional monitor that's more than worth its high price.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Solution Architect - TransformationOther
- FTSales Exec - Enterprise AccountsOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSupport Analyst - Level 1-2Other
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- TPDNS Security SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - CMS / DMSOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)ACT
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- TPIT Project Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- FTERP Systems & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Officer / Project Scheduler - Gold Coast BasedOther
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- CCDigital UX OfficerNSW