EPOX Computer EP-9NPA+
- Clean layout, broad range of overclocking settings
- No rear-panel FireWire
EPoX's nForce4 Ultra board performs well and has the basic features you need for a mainstream or high-end system.
Price$ 207.00 (AUD)
The EP-9NPA+ Ultra is the prototypical nForce4 Ultra board, implementing exactly what the chip set offers-which is quite a lot--but nothing more.
Compared to other Athlon 64 motherboards we have tested, the board's performance was middle-of-the-road, in both WorldBench 5 and our gaming tests. You can optimise for more speed via its broad range of overclocking settings (in the PC setup program) and the speed and voltage settings (using the included NTune app).
The EP-9NPA+ Ultra features a very clean layout, with three unobstructed PCIe x1 slots and no interference between components. While we would have liked a rear-panel FireWire port, the board came with two FireWire headers--a set of pins that allows you to connect to a port built into your case or a rear port that fits on an included slot cover.
The EPoX board's Magic Flash Internet BIOS utility worked well, and the pre-production user guide we received was concise and informative.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- What the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition's specs and pricing mean for PC gamers
- AMD Threadripper exclusive: Only Alienware's Area-51 will have it in 2017
- Intel's revealed the Core i9 ship dates, but you won't like them
- Hands-on: Creative Labs' Sound BlasterX AE-5 ups the audio for gamers
- Logitech's Powerplay mousepad wirelessly charges your mouse while you use it
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP TesterVIC
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- CCDeveloper - ASP.Net - Sencha Ext JSVIC
- FTIT Procurement Advisor | Financial ServicesQLD
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTInstructional Designer - Digital, e-Learning, GovOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTApplication Security ArchitectOther
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTLinux Support EngineerOther
- FTApplication Tester & Quality Assurance AnalystOther
- TP.Net DeveloperWA
- FTWintel Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- FTSmallworld Developer - GIS , Spatial data,Other
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- CCICT Training ManagerNSW