Epson Aculaser C1100
- Fast time-to-print for a single colour page, outstanding print quality
- Doesn't support Ethernet, expensive running costs
The Epson Aculaser C1100 is a good choice for low-volume colour printing, with best of breed output quality, providing you don't mind the slightly higher than average running costs and slow colour output.
Price$ 597.90 (AUD)
Out of the box the Epson Aculaser C1100 impresses, with solid build quality and styled looks. But the breadbin format gives the Epson Aculaser C1100 a larger than average footprint, and prospective buyers will have to sacrifice more desk space than they might want to. And while connectivity options are pretty standard, the Epson Aculaser C1100 model does not support Ethernet.
The Epson Aculaser C1100's monochrome print performance is crisp, with a near instant time-to-print and a steady throughput of 17ppm (pages per minute). This isn't quite as fast as is quoted, but it's enough for everyday office use. Colour performance is disappointing, however. Time to print is just 15 seconds, but the Epson Aculaser C1100's colour engine isn't capable of more than 5ppm.
For a single colour page, this fast time-to-print means the Epson Aculaser C1100 wins on speed. On longer print runs the Epson Aculaser C1100 drops behind the competition. Running costs are on the high side, with 10.5 cents per page for the low capacity toner option and 3.6 cents per page for highcapacity cartridges.
The biggest win for the Epson Aculaser C1100 is print quality, which is outstanding. Natural colour balance and good skin tones, combined with plenty of colour punch.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTChange Manager- Rail / Fleet MaintenanceOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- FTTableau DeveloperQLD
- FTFinance Business PartnerOther
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTReporting, Analytics and Insights Analyst - $62 p/hrOther
- CCPlatform/ Systems DeveloperVIC
- FTHFC Capacity Planner | 6mth ContractOther
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- CCSenior Process SpecialistNSW
- FTFinancial Manager - January StartACT
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst | Gold CoastQLD
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJava DevelopersOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Operational experience requiredOther