Epson Aculaser C1100
- Fast time-to-print for a single colour page, outstanding print quality
- Doesn't support Ethernet, expensive running costs
The Epson Aculaser C1100 is a good choice for low-volume colour printing, with best of breed output quality, providing you don't mind the slightly higher than average running costs and slow colour output.
Price$ 597.90 (AUD)
Out of the box the Epson Aculaser C1100 impresses, with solid build quality and styled looks. But the breadbin format gives the Epson Aculaser C1100 a larger than average footprint, and prospective buyers will have to sacrifice more desk space than they might want to. And while connectivity options are pretty standard, the Epson Aculaser C1100 model does not support Ethernet.
The Epson Aculaser C1100's monochrome print performance is crisp, with a near instant time-to-print and a steady throughput of 17ppm (pages per minute). This isn't quite as fast as is quoted, but it's enough for everyday office use. Colour performance is disappointing, however. Time to print is just 15 seconds, but the Epson Aculaser C1100's colour engine isn't capable of more than 5ppm.
For a single colour page, this fast time-to-print means the Epson Aculaser C1100 wins on speed. On longer print runs the Epson Aculaser C1100 drops behind the competition. Running costs are on the high side, with 10.5 cents per page for the low capacity toner option and 3.6 cents per page for highcapacity cartridges.
The biggest win for the Epson Aculaser C1100 is print quality, which is outstanding. Natural colour balance and good skin tones, combined with plenty of colour punch.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerWA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Go to Market / Channel ReadinessOther
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- CCProgram / Project AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager/Business Analyst - HPWQLD
- CCTRIM Support OfficerACT
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- TPFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPLinux EngineerQLD
- FTData Scientist/Java LeadVIC
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorSA
- FT3rd Line IT EngineerOther
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTService Level ManagerSA
- CCSenior DevOps ManagerVIC
- FTWindows Rollout / Desktop Support AnalystOther
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTProject Deployment EngineerQLD
- FTClient Services OfficerOther
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support EngineerOther
- TPSenior Enterprise ArchitectNSW