Epson AcuLaser C2600N
- Fast print speed, good help functions
- Time-consuming setup
Rich colours, zippy print speeds, an easy-to-use interface, and a two-year on-site warranty help make the C2600N a solid printer for small business
Price$ 1,640.00 (AUD)
We've been hearing about how a paperless office will revolutionise the workplace for more than a decade now. Even with ever-increasing email usage, irrespective of what tech pundits may claim, the truly paperless office is still a long way away. Epson's AcuLaser C2600N is a flexible colour laser printer designed to keep a small business ticking, and help produce marketing or report material internally.
This hulking grey and beige machine measures 50cm high, around 55cm deep, and 77cm wide with paper trays extended. The C2600N is a bulky printer, weighing in at 37 kg, and side access to the consumables means you'll need a wide desk to support it. A silver panel sits on the front face, and sports an LCD screen along with six buttons for control. Paper trays are present to hold up to 650 pages, with a 250-sheet output tray on the top of the machine.
The C2600N ships with 64MB of RAM by default (upgradable to 512MB), and supports common emulations including Standard ESC/Page Colour, ESC/Page, PCL6 (Mono), and Adobe PostScript 3. Both Mac and PC are fully supported. A 10/100 Ethernet connection is provided as standard (along with parallel and USB 2.0) and is managed via Epson's WebManager application. The app is straightforward and easy to use, and provides access to printer information and jobs.
The machine takes four separate cartridges to cover CMYK toners, and there's a waste cartridge at the side. Installation and setup is a little time consuming, as you have to install each cartridge in turn. The C2600N must first be powered up, and the display prompts for you to install cartridges. Though it takes around 20 minutes, it's a straightforward process as the directions are clear. There's even a help button if you get stuck running through the maintenance procedures.
The Epson printer employs AcuBrite toner, which produces extremely rich and vibrant colours with even coverage across the entire page. The C2600N is pretty zippy - as is expected of a networkable small-business laser - and managed print at speeds of up to 28 pages per minute monochrome, and around seven in colour. This is adequate for most small businesses, and the device boasts a monthly duty cycle of up to 120,000 mono pages or 48,000 colour ones.
The Epson AcuLaser C2600N offers great print quality, an easy-to-use interface complete with a help button, and a two-year on-site warranty that will provide plenty of peace of mind for businesses.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- PC World 2017 Editors' Choice Awards Nomineees Announced
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCTechnical Testers ? API testingQLD
- CCProject Manager -AgileWA
- CCChange specialist OR Junior Change managerNSW
- FTPython DevelopersOther
- FTOracle Financial Functional Oracle FinancialNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTDrupal DeveloperACT
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- FTSpatial AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- TPCommunicatons and Change AdvisorQLD
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Development LeadOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer C++NSW
- CCField Services EngineerQLD
- CCPolicy OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst - Level 2QLD
- CCExstream DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTOperational Support Engineer - Linux & CiscoOther
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Engineer (devOps)NSW
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD