- Higher than normal zoom, long-lasting lamp
- Artefacts on S-Video and composite signals, very vivid colour, loud fan
A flawed but inexpensive projector.
Price$ 1,999.00 (AUD)
The successor to Epson's EMP-TW10, the EMP-TW10H improves on its predecessor's brightness and contrast, but uses the same LCD resolution.
The EMP-TW10H has rounded lines and a silver and white chassis. It has a widescreen resolution of 854 x 480 pixels. This vertical resolution is perfectly matched to material using the US NTSC broadcast standard, but falls short of the 576 lines required by standard definition PAL TV, DVD movies and games consoles. All content has to be rescaled to fit, shedding image definition on the way. Because the EMP-TW10H lacks a powerful image processor, it doesn't do this effectively, and artefacts like moire and interline flicker appeared on composite and S-Video signals (but not on our progressive scan tests).
Colour was also excessively vivid at the projector's default setting, so you'll probably find yourself toning down the saturation. Other irritations include the lack of backlighting on the remote control and a rather high level of fan noise at full brightness mode. Depending on how close you are to the screen (and how sharp your eyes are), you may also spot the lines between the pixels-this is known as the 'flyscreen effect'.
These niggles aside, the EMP-TW10H was pretty quiet in Theatre mode, and offered a respectable level of contrast for an LCD projector when used in a darkened setting. The internal speaker is handy, though unsurprisingly low-powered, and it was easy to set up and operate.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Win an iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tab in the 2012 PC World Media Usage survey
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTInventory Planning AnalystOther
- CCNetwork Security ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- TPAurion Business AnalystQLD
- CCIT Service Desk AnalystACT
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Federal GovernmentOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AZURE/ O365Other
- FTCyber/Forensic Security AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther
- CCService Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - VMWareVIC
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTETL AnalystOther
- TPDigital Data and Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Dynamics CRMOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst with Student Management SystemOther
- FTInside Sales SMSF SolutionsOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Large System Transformation Project)Other
- CCService Management SpecialistNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - ProcessOther
- CCFilenet Developer - BrisbaneQLD