Brought to you by Norton Symantec
- Great picture quality, HDMI support
- Very big, loud at full power
This product performs extremely well, and is certainly feature-rich.
Price$ 3,999.00 (AUD)
While it may look similar to the Epson EMP-TW10H, the EMP-TW200 is elevated into a completely different category due to its performance and price.
At over 5kg and approaching half-a-metre wide, the EMP-TW200 is a cumbersome beast, more suited to permanent installation than portability. Along with features like lens shift (150 percent vertical, 50 percent horizontal) the EMP-TW200 offers remote zoom and focus. This means you could make adjustments to a ceiling-mounted EMP-TW200 without needing a stepladder to reach the lens rings.
It's a WXGA (1280 x 720 pixel) projector, and as you'd expect, provides a much sharper picture than lower end widescreen projectors. Colour was extremely well reproduced, with no particular bias and strong, but pleasantly neutral, tones. Our HDTV 1080i performance tests showed excellent signal rescaling, with a sharp, clean appearance. There was no evidence of over-sharpening on any of our test signals, and only minor artefacts popped up in our composite video tests. At this resolution, the flyscreen effect is only noticeable if you're sitting too close to the screen, but we did spot a very slight amount of vertical banding on flat, bright area--though certainly not enough to be distracting.
The EMP-TW200 has a lower contrast ratio than some models, but we found the 1000:1 Theatre setting provided more than adequate depth in dark conditions. It's also notable that the EMP-TW200 features the newer HDMI digital interface, rather than DVI.
It's unobtrusively quiet in Theatre mode, though it can get a little noisy at full power, plus the lamp is rather expensive to replace, making running costs comparatively high.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Frostpunk review: A richly conceived and vividly realised city sim
- Netgear Arlo Go review: An expensive but comprehensive home security solution
- Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProject Manager, Capital WorksNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - JuniperWA
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTMedication Management Support - PermanentQLD
- TPTechnical Support ResourceVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- CCApplications EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps & IT Operations | Trading & Finance | LinuxOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CCPega Systems Architects/DevelopersACT
- CCDevOps ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Multiple rolesOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSAP ABAP (CRM)/ UI5 DevelopersOther
- FTAWS AdministratorOther
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk SupportVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- CCWindows System Admin with IIS - Insurance ClientQLD
- FTSenior Project Managers (Multiple roles)Other
- TPDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD