Epson Perfection V200 Photo
- Impressive speed, excellent image quality
- Basic PDF capabilities only
The V200's great price, performance, and image quality should put it on the short list of anyone who is searching for a proficient general-purpose scanner.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
Epson's low-cost V200 scans photos and film into winning images on the quick.
If you want the biggest bang for your buck from a scanner, you would be hard-pressed to do better than the new $249 Epson Perfection V200 Photo. While it offers many of the same features that other low-cost scanners provide -- including the ability to scan both photo prints and 35mm film at a high resolution of 4800dpi -- what distinguishes the V200 from competing models is its impressive speed.
A production model of the V200 was about twice as fast as the identically priced HP G3010 and Microtek ScanMaker s450 in several tests at various resolutions. For example, the V200 took just 35 seconds to scan a 2x2in colour print at 1200dpi, whereas the HP and Microtek scanners took about a full minute. The V200 also did an excellent job of reproducing colour shades (including skin tones) and both shadow and highlight details in our test photos.
Besides being able to zip through prints and film, the V200 provides easy-to-use image enhancement tools, including ones for automatic colour restoration, backlight correction, and dust removal -- all of which did stellar work rejuvenating old images, even ones with washed-out colour. The V200 also adeptly batch-scans 35mm film, handling up to four slides or six frames in a filmstrip at once. Four push buttons (for scan, copy, e-mail and PDF) and an adjustable lid that opens a full 180 degrees to accommodate large books or 3D objects are other useful features. The bundled software includes a basic image editor (ArcSoft PhotoImpression 6) and an optical character recognition application (Abbyy FineReader 6 Sprint) capable of creating editable text and searchable PDFs.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTFrontend Developer - UX/UINSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTJunior level .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCXamarin DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps Engineer, Continuous Delivery, Cloud AutomationOther
- TPProject Manager - Learning SystemsQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Mobile AppsOther
- FTGreenfield Implementation SAP IS-U DM | SAP IS-U DM | SAP ECOther
- FTSenior BAOther
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 - Service Desk AnalystOther
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTOffice Manager / PAOther
- CCProcurement AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User ComputingOther
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- TPWeb Content Publisher (VPS4/5) - Government sectorVIC
- FTSAP Finance Project ManagerOther
- TPSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Business Process Solutions - MelbourneVIC
- FTIncident ManagerOther
- FTSystems Accountant / Production SupportOther