Epson PictureMate 500
- Fast, excellent print quality
- Optional rechargeable battery is pricey
This new model's high-quality photos and low per-print cost should land it on any amateur photographer's shortlist.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Slightly more expensive than Epson's original PictureMate photo printer, the PictureMate 500's most notable improvement over the older model is the 2.4" colour LCD display that flips up from the top of the printer for viewing and editing photos.
The PictureMate 500 is also faster. When we connected our shipping unit to a PC, our test photo printed in 1 minute and 39 seconds--37 seconds faster than the original PictureMate, and swifter than many of the other desktop photo printers we've tested. The quality was excellent, too. Our photos appeared bright and sharp, with plenty of shadow and highlight detail. Part of the reason for the speed increase may be the printer's USB 2.0 high-speed port.
While the original PictureMate's handle makes it easy to carry, the new PictureMate 500 becomes truly portable with the addition of an optional rechargeable battery. It slots away neatly inside the printer, but it's a pricey optional extra. A Bluetooth adapter, for cable-free printing, is also available for purchase.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | $971/dayQLD
- FTProduction Support AnalystOther
- FTSAP Functional AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FT.Net Developer - Canberra BasedNSW
- FTAPS5 Project OfficerACT
- CCData Engineer (Java / Scala / Agile) - Government - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTField Supervisor - Pit RemediationVIC
- FTChange Manager - Gosford, NSW Central CoastNSW
- CCAcceptance TesterNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Business AnalystNSW
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- FTChange & Release ManagerOther
- FTSystems Support and Implementation OfficerQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- TPEL1 Data AnalystACT
- CCJunior ? Mid Level Test LeadQLD
- CCProject Manager - Power BI, Mobility & IntegrationQLD
- FTSenior Front-End Developer (Urgent)Other
- FTSalesforce/CRM Product Owner (CSPO)Other
- FTLead Java DeveloperOther
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- TPEnterprise Technology ArchitectNSW
- FTLead Agile BAOther