Epson Stylus CX5700F
- High quality scanning capabilities.
- Printing from memory cards.
For its price, this unit is worth a look, especially if you need faxing capabilities.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
Epson is targeting its Stylus CX5700F multi-function inkjet printer at the home and small business markets. It's a 4-ink (with individual ink cartridges) printer with a flatbed scanner and a rear paper feed that accepts paper up to A4 size.
Its functions include printing, scanning, photocopying and faxing and it also has a memory card reader and supports PictBridge. Multiple functions can't be executed at the same time so if you are printing, for example, you will not be able to use the scanner until the print job has finished.
The control panel atop the unit has only a one-line LCD status display, but luckily, all the function buttons are well-labelled, making tasks such as photocopying and printing from memory cards fairly easy. However, it does not have a button for scanning. All scans need to be initiated from the PC.
Printing from memory cards can be a time-consuming venture as index pages need to be printed first, on which you can then mark (with a pen) and then scan the index sheet to let the printer know which ones you want to print. A typical borderless 4 x 6 photograph takes just over three minutes to print in this fashion and printing photos at the highest detail setting on Epson's glossy photo paper attains results with good attention to detail, but with slightly too much brightness. The pigment-based inks combine with the glossy paper to also produce an image that is water resistant - and our under-the-tap tests proved this.
Plain and styled text printing in Normal mode was slightly feathered in our tests. It took 26 seconds for a full page of text to print.
A 300dpi scan of an A4-sized magazine cover took 76 seconds. It captured all the fine details of the original image, doing especially well in areas of high-detail and light and dark gradations.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- MWC 2018: Alcatel
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- FTCloud Architect / Senior Engineer - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCApplications Project ManagerACT
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer (C ++, Java)Other
- CCFull Stack Mobile/Java DeveloperVIC
- FTMid-level UX DesignerOther
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerQLD
- CCProgram Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTProject Manager - APS 6ACT
- FTSenior Solution Architect - TransformationOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- TPImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTClient Relationship Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTProject Officer / Project Scheduler - Gold Coast BasedOther
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- FTMobile App DeveloperNSW