Epson Stylus CX5700F
- High quality scanning capabilities.
- Printing from memory cards.
For its price, this unit is worth a look, especially if you need faxing capabilities.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
Epson is targeting its Stylus CX5700F multi-function inkjet printer at the home and small business markets. It's a 4-ink (with individual ink cartridges) printer with a flatbed scanner and a rear paper feed that accepts paper up to A4 size.
Its functions include printing, scanning, photocopying and faxing and it also has a memory card reader and supports PictBridge. Multiple functions can't be executed at the same time so if you are printing, for example, you will not be able to use the scanner until the print job has finished.
The control panel atop the unit has only a one-line LCD status display, but luckily, all the function buttons are well-labelled, making tasks such as photocopying and printing from memory cards fairly easy. However, it does not have a button for scanning. All scans need to be initiated from the PC.
Printing from memory cards can be a time-consuming venture as index pages need to be printed first, on which you can then mark (with a pen) and then scan the index sheet to let the printer know which ones you want to print. A typical borderless 4 x 6 photograph takes just over three minutes to print in this fashion and printing photos at the highest detail setting on Epson's glossy photo paper attains results with good attention to detail, but with slightly too much brightness. The pigment-based inks combine with the glossy paper to also produce an image that is water resistant - and our under-the-tap tests proved this.
Plain and styled text printing in Normal mode was slightly feathered in our tests. It took 26 seconds for a full page of text to print.
A 300dpi scan of an A4-sized magazine cover took 76 seconds. It captured all the fine details of the original image, doing especially well in areas of high-detail and light and dark gradations.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSecurity Leads - $800 per dayOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - CloudOther
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- FTPrinciple Project Manager- HRISOther
- TPBusiness Analysis, Design and Configuration ManagerQLD
- CCPlatform/ Systems DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTReporting Analyst - Planning & ForecastingOther
- FTCommercial Loan Documentation SpecialistOther
- TPPrincipal Project Manager | ApplicationsQLD
- FTEllipse DeveloperQLD
- CCMiddleware AdminstratorNSW
- FTTechnical Product ArchitectQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCAxway DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Application DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Biz Talk DeveloperACT
- FTFinancial Manager - January StartACT
- FTIT Service Delivery Manager - Workplace Technology (O365 & SP)Other