F-Secure Online Backup
F-Secure Online Backup is a stable, easy-to-set-up backup solution along the lines of MozyPro and SpiderOak.
- Clean (albeit occasionally confusing) interface
- Many small issues
F-Secure Online Backup is well worth a look for anyone whose needs exceed the free 2GB accounts offered by several vendors.
Price$ 104.82 (AUD)
We found a lot to like in F-Secure Online Backup, especially for more experienced users. Features such as manual operation, upload speeds couched in terms of Kbps, and the option to define how long locally deleted files remain in the backup definitely appeal to the advanced user. That said, there are still plenty of friendly beginner features such as the automatic selection of important data files.
F-Secure (the same company of antivirus renown) Online Backup's three-tab (Backup, Restore, Settings) interface is clean, albeit occasionally confusing - mostly when you want to manually select/deselect files for backup.
You can manually turn on and off the auto-selection of Office documents, photos, videos, and music. However, the automatic selected files don't show up in the My Important Files area where you manually select or deselect various (including those that normally contain your photos and music) folders for backup.
There are actually too many small issues to list here, so suffice to say that the entire Backup tab could be more intuitive in its naming conventions, conceptualisation, and organisation.
Despite the occasional interface puzzler, F-Secure Online Backup will back up your important files and it's cheaper than the pay versions of the Carbonite, CrashPlan, Fabrik, Mozy, and SpiderOak competitors for single PC.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- CCPega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsACT
- FTProgress 8.3 DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Engineers- Transmission, IP Core and ITOther
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTSplunk EngineerACT
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTData Centre Systems EngineerOther
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - InsuranceOther
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- CCIntegration AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- TPBusiness Analyst | AO6 | Government ContractQLD
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)SA
- FTSAP Payroll SpecialistOther
- CCSharePoint Developer / AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst (Data Migration)Other