Fred ON HOLD
- Funky interesting idea
- Not very practical, poorly constructed
If you are someone who loves to look at the expression on peoples faces when you do something absolutely ridiculous, this is the handset for you.
Price$ 24.95 (AUD)
Journey into the wonderful world of Fred, a Wonka-like doyen of all things wacky, pointless, impractical, ridiculous, stylish and funny. Their latest offering is a ye olde mobile phone handset.
Remember the days of the brick phone? Remember even further back to a time without mobiles at all? If you do, and crave to revisit lost times, then slap on a pair of rose coloured glasses and check out the "On Hold", it's definitely right up your alley.
The "On Hold" handset is a replica of a normal everyday home telephone handset complete with a spiral cord. It connects via a mini-jack to your mobile phone and can be used as instead of talking directly into the handset. From a practical standpoint, it is the most ridiculous mobile phone accessory ever made but its so wacky crazy kooky that it is as funny as hell to use.
It is so very tempting to dress in a full suit complete with a top hat, tails and a monocle and use this phone on a crowded train We can just see it now, the bewilderment from other commuters and their failed attempts to contain their laughter.
On a serious note, the device is actually rather cheaply made and the sound quality isn't that good, but it's also very cheap so for a small outlay, you too could put our plan into action. The best thing about this accessory is that it works with a wide variety of phones. It comes with three adapters which allow it to work with most of the popular brands and there are many brands which don't require an adapter at all.
This is a silly product but one which amused us with its potential for pointless comedy. If you are interested in all things Fred check out their website here.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 2 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 5 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- CCMigration EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTLead Business AnalystVIC
- TPICT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- TPNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking and FinanceOther
- CCIdentity & Access Management ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystVIC
- FTOffice 365 Technical SpecialistOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPIT Project Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- TPIT Security EngineerQLD
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- TPSystem TesterQLD
- FTInfrastructure Architect (EUC)Other
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- CCClient-side Front End Developer (Angular 2)ACT
- CCProject Manager - Network Assurance - TelcoVIC