We have a Printer, Scanner and Label Maker to get your business organised. Enter today.
Fred ON HOLD
- Funky interesting idea
- Not very practical, poorly constructed
If you are someone who loves to look at the expression on peoples faces when you do something absolutely ridiculous, this is the handset for you.
Price$ 24.95 (AUD)
Journey into the wonderful world of Fred, a Wonka-like doyen of all things wacky, pointless, impractical, ridiculous, stylish and funny. Their latest offering is a ye olde mobile phone handset.
Remember the days of the brick phone? Remember even further back to a time without mobiles at all? If you do, and crave to revisit lost times, then slap on a pair of rose coloured glasses and check out the "On Hold", it's definitely right up your alley.
The "On Hold" handset is a replica of a normal everyday home telephone handset complete with a spiral cord. It connects via a mini-jack to your mobile phone and can be used as instead of talking directly into the handset. From a practical standpoint, it is the most ridiculous mobile phone accessory ever made but its so wacky crazy kooky that it is as funny as hell to use.
It is so very tempting to dress in a full suit complete with a top hat, tails and a monocle and use this phone on a crowded train We can just see it now, the bewilderment from other commuters and their failed attempts to contain their laughter.
On a serious note, the device is actually rather cheaply made and the sound quality isn't that good, but it's also very cheap so for a small outlay, you too could put our plan into action. The best thing about this accessory is that it works with a wide variety of phones. It comes with three adapters which allow it to work with most of the popular brands and there are many brands which don't require an adapter at all.
This is a silly product but one which amused us with its potential for pointless comedy. If you are interested in all things Fred check out their website here.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 2 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 7 Plus review: Predictable and plus-sized
- 5 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
Latest News Articles
- Google faces €4.34 billion fine over Android browser and search engine ties
- Ericsson, Telstra and Intel achieve first 5G commercial network data call
- Boost Mobile wins 2018 Canstar Blue Customer Satisfaction Award
- Sony Xperia XZ2 now available through Telstra
- Airplay 2 available on Sonos
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?