Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2120 colour laser printer
Fuji Xerox's latest mid-range colour laser printer has plenty of features and a low price
- Good print quality, can change many settings from the control panel
- Automatic duplexing and internal hard drive are optional, expensive consumables and add-ons
Fuji Xerox's DocuPrint C2120 colour laser printer is great for the small to medium business looking to add colour printing on the cheap.
Price$ 649.00 (AUD)
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2120 colour laser printer improves slightly on the DocuPrint C2100. For the extra money you get little more than a memory boost, but this sub-$1000 colour laser printer still shines when it comes to value, print speed and quality.
It offers USB and Ethernet connections. The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2120 has a 250-sheet paper cassette, which should suffice for small to medium offices. Automatic duplexing costs an extra $298.99, while increasing paper capacity will cost $315 per additional 250-sheet cassette. If you want to access the printer's Secure Print and Sample Print features, you also need to purchase a 512MB or 1024MB module, for $845.19 and $1449.00, respectively.
The DocuPrint C2120 has a 2-line monochrome LCD. Using its control panel, you can display a DHCP-assigned IP address, initialise network settings and even manually configure the printer's IP filter. Maintenance tasks like colour registration are also available from the control panel.
These functions can also be accessed from a Web-based interface. You can also use it to access other network security tools like 802.1X authentication. E-mail notifications can be configured, and administrators can place limits on users' printing.
In our tests, the DocuPrint C2120 printed the first page of black and white documents in 17.6 seconds; subsequent pages printed at an average rate of 20 pages per minute. Colour documents printed at a rate of 18.2ppm. These speeds aren't particularly fast but are adequate for the price.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2120 lacks the half-toning capability of high-end laser printers, but print quality is still good. Our printed mono text documents were crisp and accurate, though at smaller font sizes characters appeared dark grey instead of black.
As with the DocuPrint C2200, the DocuPrint C2120 required some experimentation and colour re-registration during set up in order to attain the best possible results. We chose the "Vivid" colour profile, which produced particularly vibrant reds and yellows, as well as dark blacks. Green hues weren't as consistent. Text suffered from shadowing when superimposed on a blue background. Colours, in general, were more consistent than normal for a laser printer. Despite some inconsistencies, the DocuPrint C2120 colour laser printer handles professional presentation documents surprisingly well.
The DocuPrint C2120 colour laser printer has an average running cost of 24.9c per A4 page, which is fairly high. If you don't require automatic duplexing or Secure Print, the standard configuration of the DocuPrint C2120 has plenty to offer.
Follow PCWorld on Twitter: @PCWorldAU
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Polycom Renew Their Most Iconic Teleconferencing Solution
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTTraining & Communications SpecialistOther
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTOracle DBA - Permanent PositionQLD
- FTSales Support and Administration OfficerOther
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityACT
- FTAssociate - Case ManagementOther
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - OnsiteOther
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- CCService Design LeadVIC
- TPDocument WriterVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCLead Delivery Developer - Datapower and WPS DeveloperVIC
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)Other
- CCIteration Manager/Scrum MasterWA
- FTProject Administrator/CoordinatorSA
- FT.Net / SharePoint Developer - GosfordNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AgileOther
- FTContent Marketing SpecialistOther
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM Greenfield implemenationVIC