Fuji Xerox Australia DocuPrint C2200
A durable Fuji Xerox colour laser printer that delivers good results.
- Fast, reasonable running costs, good print quality
- Automatic duplex and hard drive are optional, no half-toning option for text printing
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 is a capable and fast colour laser printer that delivers good results. We would have liked some of the optional extras to be included as standard, however.
Price$ 1,208.90 (AUD)
Fuji Xerox's DocuPrint C2200 colour laser printer offers better print speeds and quality compared to low-end colour lasers, but its price we would have liked to see some more features included as standard.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 is quite tall, as its four toners are aligned vertically rather than the horizontally like the HP Colour LaserJet CP2025dn. This isn't unusual for a colour laser printer, and it makes the toners easily accessible. With high capacity yields reaching to 9000 pages each you won't have to change them too often, however. You should expect a running cost of around 19.3c per A4 page during normal use.
The printer offers USB and Ethernet connectivity and can hold up to 400 sheets in a front paper cassette and multi-purpose fold-out tray. Other worthwhile features are optional, however. These include an automatic duplex unit, increased paper capacity, a 40GB hard disk and a 512MB memory upgrade (for a total of 768MB). With these options added, this colour laser printer becomes more functional but much more expensive.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 has a two-line monochrome LCD panel and a four-button navigation pad. Like many networked laser printers, obtaining information about network settings requires you to print out a report.
Fuji Xerox quotes a monthly duty cycle of 70,000 pages for the DocuPrint C2200, which is high enough to meet the needs of medium-sized businesses. Its security is also commendable, with a Secure Print function accessible both locally and when the laser printer is networked. A Web interface provides is best means of administering the printer, and it offers access to more security options such as 802.1X authentication, IP filtering and SSL. The DocuPrint C2200 can also provide e-mail notifications.
The DocuPrint C2200 colour laser printer performed capably in our tests, with print speeds remaining at a consistent 26 pages per minute. The first page of mono documents came out in 11.5sec, compared to 14.4sec for colour documents.
Print quality is very good for the most part. The DocuPrint C2200 laser printer has a half-toning option for colour printing, but this isn't available for mono documents. Nevertheless, text is accurate at all font sizes and proved particularly crisp at 7pt.
Colour adjustment options are quite comprehensive, with the ability to choose from various colour presets on both a hardware and software level. Not all of these presets improve print quality, and we found many often led to misalignment of colour backgrounds and overlayed text; some experimentation will allow you to choose the best option for your needs. At its best, the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 produces vivid colours. The comparatively low 600x600dpi resolution can have a noticeable effect on some colours, with green in particular showing this effect. Though it won't suit photo printing, the laser printer will produce good quality professional colour documents.
If you need a durable colour laser printer with decent security and good print quality, the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 is a viable option, but it would be nice if some of the optional extras were included as standard.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Polycom Renew Their Most Iconic Teleconferencing Solution
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTIT Security SpecialistACT
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTTest Team LeadOther
- FTSalesforce ConsultantVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft CRM Dynamics Consultant (Mid level)Other
- FTCyber Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject SAP Asset CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- TPAurion Business AnalystQLD
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- FTSenior Tester - HardwareOther
- FTSAP Change Management LeadOther
- TPEnterprise Applications AdministratorQLD
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTSOE Architect - Gold CoastQLD
- CCPeopleSoft Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA