Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b multifunction LED printer
Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b review: A multifunction mono laser printer that's cheap and great for paper-heavy businesses
- High duty cycle and toner yield figures, low price (which includes a full toner cartridge)
- Only 150 sheets of paper input, initial page of a document prints slowly, scanner is only good for documents
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b is a multifunction mono LED printer that is excellent for producing large volumes of documents every month. Its paper input is a little small and the first page takes a short while to print, but otherwise it's a business printer that's built to a high standard.
Price$ 198.99 (AUD)
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b is a multifunction LED printer with a 20,000 page per month duty cycle and toner cartridges that last for 1000 A4 sheets. It's cheap and it includes scanning and copying capabilities, making it attractive for small businesses that need to digitise or duplicate documents.
Don't know which printer to buy? Use our printer finder wizard to pick the right model.
Learn how to pick the best printer for your home or business with our printer buying guide.
Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b: Design and specifications
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b has a front-loading paper cartridge that holds 150 sheets and a 100-sheet output tray. These figures are a little low for the DocuPrint M205b's intended use as a business printer, but as long as you've got extra paper close to hand it shouldn't be a problem. The printer's 20,000 page per month duty cycle means it'll be able to handle small and medium businesses' needs with ease.
Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b: Print speed, print quality, performance and toner yield
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b strengths are its speedy document printing and its high toner yields. The first page of a document takes an unimpressive eight seconds to print, but subsequent pages are printed quickly — we had no problems achieving Fuji Xerox's quoted speed of 24 pages per minute in Normal quality settings.
When using Normal quality settings, the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b prints text clearly and with no visible fuzziness on edges. We printed down to 6pt text sizes with words still easily legible, while the edges of graphics and charts were straight and even.
The standard toner cartridge of the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b is rated for 1000 A4 monochrome pages. This $59 cartridge has an ongoing running cost of 5.9 cents per page, but the $95 high yield cartridge lasts for 2200 prints — 4.3 cents per page. These prices are reasonably low for a $199 printer but not competitive with larger and more initially expensive laser printers.
The inbuilt flatbed scanner on the DocuPrint M205b is a 1200x1200dpi unit that's quick and quiet. It's not especially good for extracting fine image detail from photos but documents are captured quickly and at sufficient quality for OCR.
Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b: Conclusion
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b is a cheap LED printer that's got good printing credentials — it's superior to a similarly priced inkjet like the Brother MFC-J415W in terms of its duty cycle, cartridge yields and print quality.
Become a fan of PC World Australia on Facebook
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Stay up to date with the latest news, reviews and features. Sign up to PC World’s newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTIT Project SchedulerOther
- CCEngagement OfficerNSW
- FTStorage EngineerOther
- CCRF Engineer - Melbourne Based, Start ASAPVIC
- FTBusiness analyst - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI & ReportingNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst (x2)NSW
- CCJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTSenior Network ConsultantOther
- CCEnvironment Support Analyst with .NetQLD
- CCIdentity & Access Management ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Risk and Compliance StreamOther
- CCFull-Stack DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- FTAPI LeadOther
- CCPrroject ManagerQLD
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk ConsultantOther
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTCommunications Specialist- Change / MarketingOther
- CCSecurity Engineer/AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure SMENSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BankingVIC