Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro
- '12.3 megapixel' sensor, superior image quality
- An already expensive camera, the S3 Pro requires equally expensive accessories to reach its full potential.
Produces top-notch photos and will appeal to photographers with a stash of Nikon lenses.
Price$ 3,895.00 (AUD)
Only the most serious photographers would consider spending such a large chunk of cash for just the body of the FinePix S3 Pro, but if you already had an existing stash of Nikon-compatible accessories, it could make a good addition to the collection.
At the heart of the S3 Pro is Fujifilm's new 12.3-megapixel Super CCD SR II sensor. It has equal numbers of small and large pixels, which the company says allows it to capture a wider dynamic range for better detail in shadows and highlights. Though our formal tests showed no dramatic improvements from the extended dynamic range, the S3 Pro proved a very solid performer.
It also performed quite well in our informal outdoor tests. In bright sunlight, with the camera cranked up to its widest dynamic settings, we saw consistently great results.
The settings on the S3--including white balance, quality and autofocus mode--are changeable using four function buttons on the back of the camera. This approach reduces the number of dedicated buttons and simplifies the setup menus viewable on the bright 2" colour display.
The S3 Pro has an F-mount lens fitting for compatibility with Nikon lenses (our test unit came with a 24mm to 135mm Tamron lens).
The unit outlasted our 500-shot battery test on a single charge of its four AA-size nickel metal hydride cells.
For users who shoot with their digital SLRs heavily customised, the Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro will not disappoint. However, it requires a professional photographer's budget.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCManager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt)NSW
- TPIntegration Developer. Cloud SolutionsNSW
- TPAPS6 Business AnalystACT
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- FTSenior Change Analyst, Governance & AssuranceOther
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SalesforceOther
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager - IDAMVIC
- FTSecurity Solution ArchitectOther
- FTDigital BA / Product Owner / 3 Month ContractOther
- CCSAP BPC Specialist ConsultantTAS
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- TPieMR Business Analyst - Sunshine Coast Hospital - $850/dayQLD
- FTCustomer Service Consultant / Incident Management - TelcoOther
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- CCSenior Internet Services Engineer - DevOpsNSW
- TPMicrosoft Cloud Infrastructure Solution ArchitectQLD