Freebie GSplit cuts huge files down to size
- Nothing of note
GSplit can make it easy to back up your important files.
Backing up your data rarely is an easy undertaking, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. But as the sheer volume of information we need to protect has grown, the physical media--recordable CDs or DVDs--many people use for backups hasn't really kept pace. So when it comes time to backup 40 GB of photos, files, or records, your only choice for local backup might seem to be to buy a second hard drive, and keep the files there--an expensive proposition. That's where freebie GSplit comes in.
This simple, free program takes massive archive files and segments them like a caterpillar into chunks of a more manageable size. Each piece can be sized to fit a specific media, such as a CD, or the program can simply write segments to fill the available space on various backup drives. And of course, it's possible that when it comes time to restore the backup, you may not have a copy of GSplit to restore the archive, so you can build split archives that include their own small reassembly application.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProgrammer AnalystQLD
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTDevops Automation EngineerVIC
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- TPProgram ManagerQLD
- CCSAP ABAP DevelopersACT
- FTSenior Cloud Platform EngineerOther
- FTWeb Designer | DeveloperSA
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- TPMobile DeveloperQLD
- FTDevOps Lead / Identity Services Security LeadOther
- FTSenior Analyst/Security EngineerOther
- TPDigital/Application ArchitectNSW
- TPWin10 Deployment OfficerQLD
- FTSecurity Analyst/Security EngineerOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MAXIMO Asset ManagementOther
- FTTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - Python, Perl, LinuxOther
- FTSenior Java Developer, FX, Low Latency, Pricing, TradingOther
- CCSupport Analyst - Part timeQLD
- FT3rd Line IT EngineerOther
- CCTechnical business supportNSW