Minor quibbles aside, Gadwin PrintScreen costs nothing and does what it's advertised to do.
- Interface is a bit confusing
Minor quibbles aside, Gadwin PrintScreen costs nothing and does what it's advertised to do. If you spend a lot of time creating screen captures, you'll want to give this tool a try. It's not anywhere near the level of an expensive program like Snagit, but it does the job.
Gadwin PrintScreen lets you send a captured screen directly to the printer, copy it to the Windows clipboard, save it as an image file, send it via email (if you have a Microsoft Outlook profile set up), or perform any combination of these tasks. Not bad for a freebie.
With Gadwin PrintScreen you can capture the full screen, the active window, or a rectangular area. There's also a Client Window selection that the documentation says selects "the client area of a user selected window". We didn't see any difference between this and Current Window. PrtSc is the default hotkey, but you can select another if you wish.
Gadwin PrintScreen worked well in our tests, but the interface was a bit confusing. When you press the hotkey and begin a screen capture, the program shows you a preview and offers four options: Change Destination, Continue Output, Cancel Output, and Help.
The output selections let you continue or halt the screen capture; Help is self-explanatory. The Change Destination button, however, leads you to the program's main interface, where you can indeed change the destination (send the image to a file, print it, and so on); but this is also where you access the program's other settings. Preferences lets you change the hot key and tweak other settings; Source allows you to choose full screen capture, window, and so on; and Image lets you select the output file format, and more.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Samsung Gear Sport review: A worthy contender
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBusiness Analyst - Operational Performance ReportingOther
- FTData Analyst / Reporting Analyst - $496.00 per dayOther
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTOpenText ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 2 -3 Engineer | 6mth ContractOther
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTAgile Scrum Master/Project ManagerOther
- FTICT Solution Architect - Canberra OpportunityNSW
- FTUX DesignerOther
- CCSecurity Business AnalystVIC
- FTCyber Security Engineer - AWS Project!Other
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTTririga DeveloperOther
- CCFull Stack Web DeveloperQLD
- TPProgram ManagerACT
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTSecurity Consultant / Snr Security Consultant - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- FTPartner Account Manager - Global Cloud Solution ProviderVIC
- FTSenior Technical Delivery ManagerACT
- FTSales Manager - Global ISP Cloud Solutions ProviderVIC
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther