Gigabyte Dual GeForce 6600GT (GV-3D1)
- Great package, powerful, competitively priced
- Cannot run two of these in SLI
This innovative package really takes the pain out of finding and configuring an SLI setup. Great for serious gamers.
Price$ 929.00 (AUD)
In a great display of innovation, Gigabyte has taken Nvidia's SLI graphics principle, which enables two individual graphics cards to be linked together in the same system, and applied it to one graphics card.
That is, it has installed two GeForce 6600GT graphics chips on one circuit board in SLI mode.
These two 6600GT graphics chips work together to provide SLI graphics in very much the same way as a two-card setup does, in that each graphics chip is designated to either render the top or bottom half of the screen, or to render every alternate frame on the screen, thereby evenly sharing the load between each chip. The card uses the full 16 lanes of available PCI Express (PCIe) bandwidth and each chip has its own 128MB DDR3 frame buffer (memory). Both chips on the GV-3D1 have a clock speed of 500MHz and their memory chips run at 1120MHz.
If you were looking to build an SLI system for faster graphics, the GV-3D1's design would mean one less expansion card in your SLI system. It would also mean you wouldn't have to hunt around for two identical SLI graphics cards, or a motherboard with two 16X PCIe slots.
We tested this card with a bundled Gigabyte motherboard using Doom 3 at a resolution of 1280 x 1024 with high detail and 4X anti-aliasing enabled. In single chip mode, the card managed 40 frames per second (fps) in our demo, while in SLI mode this figure soared to 70fps. This latter figure compares favourably against a single 6800GT-based card, which would garner around 65fps on the same system.
By this point you may be wondering if it is possible to connect two GV-3D1 cards together to achieve a total of four graphics chips in one system. Unfortunately, the answer is no, this isn't supported.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCBusiness Analyst (Finance/Grants)QLD
- FTSales Manager (Cloud Solutions)VIC
- CCDeployment ManagerVIC
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- CCDevOps Automation SME - Telco ClientVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerOther
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTCloud Security Architect / Consultant - Perm - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTPHP Team LeadNSW
- FTInformation Security AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Client TechnologiesOther
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTCloud Test Engineer - AWS/Azure - IaaSOther
- CCMobile Applications DevelopersACT
- FTChange Manager, Business RelocationsOther
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - ContractOther